Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   should i get janome 6600 ruffler and gathering foot (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/should-i-get-janome-6600-ruffler-gathering-foot-t41730.html)

memathomas 04-05-2010 03:32 AM

help i am not sure what to get need advice from janome 6600 owners

memathomas
aka
Eloise

sewcrafty 04-05-2010 03:54 AM

I also was checking into the ruffler. Around $50. The question is - How much are you going to use this foot? I only have a couple of pillows now that I need to get done, so I'll baste and gather.

The one thing I did purchase was the straight stitch plate w/the 1/4" acu feed foot. I'm considering going back and getting the SITD foot though.

kasmitty1 04-05-2010 04:07 AM

I didn't think I would like the 1/4" acu feed foot, but I made myself try it out. I can't imagine piecing without it now!

Pam 04-05-2010 04:21 AM

I have a ruffler that I bought in an antique store. It works perfectly and it came with a box of other attachments like rolled hem feet and even a binding attachment! I bought the box for $3 and if I would have bougth similar items at the Bernina dealer, it certaily would have been an expensive day.

I did pick up the attachment at Bernina for $22 that makes all of it work on my machine.

memathomas 04-05-2010 04:57 AM

Originally Posted by sewcrafty
I also was checking into the ruffler. Around $50. The question is - How much are you going to use this foot? I only have a couple of pillows now that I need to get done, so I'll baste and gather.

The one thing I did purchase was the straight stitch plate w/the 1/4" acu feed foot. I'm considering going back and getting the SITD foot though.

i found the ruffler on amazon with other attachment combined for about 50.00 im not sure if its the right one and if its worth it. what is SITD foot?

sewcrafty 04-05-2010 06:16 AM

Originally Posted by memathomas

Originally Posted by sewcrafty

i found the ruffler on amazon with other attachment combined for about 50.00 im not sure if its the right one and if its worth it. what is SITD foot?

Stitch In The Ditch Foot - It has a little steel piece that is directly in front of your needle that goes in the seam line and you don't get wigglies for going out of the seam. Clear as mud?

Chrickett 04-05-2010 07:45 AM

Originally Posted by memathomas
help i am not sure what to get need advice from janome 6600 owners

memathomas
aka
Eloise

I did not know they made a ruffeling foot for it , The stitch in the ditch one would be great I have one of thoes and they work great, I have a gathering foot and that woks good,too. how meny feet cane with your machine?