Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Should I start over? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/should-i-start-over-t16861.html)

okie3 02-23-2009 05:41 AM

I have a quilt I pieced together about 20 years ago. I started quilting it with a round hoop. needless to say I had puckers etc. ended up taking it all out and started over. I finally got sick of it and just shoved it in a closet. It is so stretched out it will not fit on my new quilt frame. I just now threw it in the washing machine,(its' dirty by now). Should I take out what I've already quilted which is about a 1/3 of it and start over? I think I would be happier with the quilt if I did. It wouldn't be the first time I've taken the quilting out and started over again. It's an 8 point star,and drew the pattern off of one of my Grandmothers quilts. Opinions please. I might add it has no batting in it.If I do this I will add the batting to it this time.
Okie3 :?:

k3n 02-23-2009 05:55 AM

Hi Okie - if I were you, I would take it out and do it again, otherwise you'll probably never be happy with it.... :(

I know 'unsewing' is a dreadful thing, I've got an EPP top half done of stars ad hexs and I HATE how I've joined the blocks together. I feel like chucking it but the fabric is Dutch Chintz and was not cheap so it's waiting til I get the strength to unpick it...yeuch!

Good luck! :D

K x

sandpat 02-23-2009 05:58 AM

If you are not happy with it..by all means...do whatever you need to ..to change that. I hate "unsewing", but I'm a pro at it :oops:

Skeat 02-23-2009 06:11 AM

When in doubt...do it:0)A beauty like that star only deserves the best attention! It will be a keeper forever! JMHO...Skeat

Prism99 02-23-2009 07:52 AM

I would do it over. Unstitching is a good activity for keeping the hands busy while watching tv. TV makes the time go faster.

quiltsRfun 02-23-2009 10:20 AM

Should I take out what I've already quilted which is about a 1/3 of it and start over? I think I would be happier with the quilt if I did.
Sounds like you've answered the question. If you're not happy with the finished quilt it would be a waste of time and effort to continue.

littlehud 02-23-2009 10:46 AM

I would take the old quilting out and do it again. If it would make you happier its really for the best.

Polly C 02-23-2009 03:42 PM

Personally, I would take out all the old quilting and start over. I did that with a wall hanging I had made several years ago. I almost threw it away and since doing it over it is one of my favorites & I put it up every Christmas season! No one but me knows it was quilted once before & if someone says they really like it I just smile and say 'Thank you'!

Shemjo 02-23-2009 03:48 PM

I agree that you answered your own question! It sounds like a do over! :lol:

rismstress 02-24-2009 03:59 AM

My two most important tools are the ruler and the ripper-- by all means, if you love this quilt then take it out and do it so you love it.
Cheryl