Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   show me you quilt themed (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-me-you-quilt-themed-t187136.html)

jaciqltznok 04-25-2012 08:50 AM

show me you quilt themed

1 Attachment(s)
NAIL ART!

Have any of you painted your nails to reflect a quilting theme? a favorite quilt block maybe?
My nails are long for several reasons..right now they measure at 1 1/4" long and my artist wants me to design something "quilt" themed for her to paint on them! A crazy quilt is not really my thing, but was thinking maybe a feathered star block!

DO any of you have pix of what you had painted?

This is what I have right now, but it is changing Friday morning before I go to quilt retreat!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]330426[/ATTACH]

callie 04-25-2012 08:55 AM

No suggestions here. However, that would definitely be a unique idea!

jaciqltznok 04-25-2012 08:58 AM

I know, I have googled every which way possible and can find nothing more than some cross hatched "stitch" lines...I had a block painted on just the thumb last year, but can't find that pic....would like something MORE this time since the nails are longer and more fun to paint on!

grocifer 04-25-2012 09:06 AM

Geez, aren't you the foxy one --- you go girl!!!

joyce888 04-25-2012 09:07 AM

What an excellent idea! I cannot wear nail polish (causes layers of my nails to peel off) but I think maybe a nine patch or Irish chain. Or maybe a braid?

yngldy 04-25-2012 10:06 AM

10 minute block would be quick and easy!

Tartan 04-25-2012 10:31 AM

Could you do GFG in little dots of colour rather than hexagons? How about Bargello effect with bands of colour. One Clamshell pattern might look pretty with the rounded edge following the nail tip? That is a pretty tiny canvas so it can't be too intricate. Your nails are very pretty by the way.

RUSewing 04-25-2012 10:36 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan (Post 5168968)
Could you do GFG in little dots of colour rather than hexagons? How about Bargello effect with bands of colour. One Clamshell pattern might look pretty with the rounded edge following the nail tip? That is a pretty tiny canvas so it can't be too intricate. Your nails are very pretty by the way.

Great ideas! or maybe a drunkard's path

thimblebug6000 04-25-2012 05:09 PM

Not my cup of tea, but think it's intriguing for others. Cannot imagine trying to work with nails that long, however... I did find a little blurb that might give you an idea. Patchwork Manicures are a bit more complicated but the end result is worth the extra effort. This is a funky nail look that will have people ooh-ing and ahh-ing over your nails. The end result will resemble a patchwork quilt design. To try this you will need 3-4 different nail polish colors that look cute together and some scotch tape. Start by painting your entire nail with one of the colors. Once that color dries, apply a piece of scotch tape diagonally across your nail. Paint the exposed nail with another color. Once that dries, apply another piece of tape diagonally in the opposite direction. Paint the exposed color with the third color. You can go on and apply tape and paint another section with a fourth color or stop with the third color. Whatever you think looks best. Please post a picture of your "piece de resistance" .