Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show me your embroidery! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-me-your-embroidery-t19201.html)

RedGarnet222 04-20-2009 04:08 PM

Oh all of the pieces you girls have shown are really special. I love to hand embroider, there is just something homey about it that is satisfing to me. And it doesn't hurt to have a huge collection of patterns on hand to play with. Some are very old and some new. The next one I am doing is some little imps sitting on a branch singing and one about to hit another with a mallet over the head. LoL! I have had it years and it has finally going to get it's turn. Another one that is soon ... is a group of children playing ring around the rosie (redwork).

I just finished a Good Morning, Good Night redwork pillow case set yesterday. I haven't taken a pic as yet though. I am waiting until I put the battenburg lace edging on it to show it off.

Chele 04-20-2009 04:10 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oooh, your hand embroidery makes me drool. I'm such a newbie. I've done counted cross stitch, but hand embroidery is a real craft. I try though!

A little potholder.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]27066[/ATTACH]

Bevanger 04-21-2009 05:33 AM

Originally Posted by Chele
Oooh, your hand embroidery makes me drool. I'm such a newbie. I've done counted cross stitch, but hand embroidery is a real craft. I try though!

Oh Chele, That is adoreable. I think your doing a super duper great job kiddo.

Carol W 04-22-2009 04:18 PM

Everyone's quilts are so beautiful!!

sew_lulu 04-22-2009 04:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I know I posted this pix on another thread but just thought you might want to know that I've machine embroidery applique these little critters.

Ninnie 04-22-2009 05:06 PM

This is why I love this board! I get to see all the beautiful work. I didn't think I wanted a sewing machine that did embroidery , but now do! Will put on my wish list. I am definately loving all the quilts.

blzzrdqueen 04-22-2009 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Blizzard, your flowers are Morning Glories, the most favored being the Heavenly Blue. But I have seen purple ones that were gorgeous too! Your Hummingbird work will be great! Everyone's embroidery is so nice! WOW!

That's what I thought they were and those were colors I was going to use. I've grown Morning Glory mixes before, blue, purple, red and white. I'm going to do blues and purples...still not sure about the bird itself yet...think I might just wing it.

blzzrdqueen 04-22-2009 06:15 PM

Originally Posted by Loretta
Liked the pun- "wing it". LOL!

Lol, I didn't even notice that!!

Darlene 04-23-2009 03:06 AM

Sewlulu your animals are so cute and well done too. I itput some cross stitch I did on another thread about floss and was wondering if I should add them here too?
Darlene

blzzrdqueen 04-23-2009 03:27 AM

Has anyone ever used one of those Clover embroidery tools with the different sized needles?