Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Show and Tell at guild meetings (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/show-tell-guild-meetings-t224136.html)

Dina 06-20-2013 09:09 AM

Show and Tell at guild meetings

How many quilts are too many to show during Show and Tell at guild meetings? I know there aren't rules or anything, but I have four ready, and I KNOW that is hogging the time, but is three too many? Three of my quilts are ready for charity and I hadn't intended to show them, but they ended up looking quite good. The fourth I know I want to show.

I didn't know we were having Show and Tell at our last meeting or I would have shown two of these already. The other two I have made since then.

So, how many quilts is too many? Should I select just two of these to share??

What do you think?

Dina

omacookie 06-20-2013 09:19 AM

It is an occasion when I get up to show a quilt. Some people show 2 or 3 especially if they are to be donated.Hugs

bearisgray 06-20-2013 09:25 AM

How many do other people show at a time?

How do you feel when someone shows more than one thing at a time?

Tartan 06-20-2013 09:27 AM

In my opinion, there is no such thing as too much sew and tell! The eye candy is so enjoyable and you never know which quilt may get your creative juices flowing!

grammysharon 06-20-2013 09:28 AM

Since some are for charity, I say show them all!!! I know in our meetings I love to see what other people are making!!!!

Daylesewblessed 06-20-2013 09:55 AM

I would show them all. I know that "show and tell" can be time consuming at guild meetings, but if you feel you are taking too much of the time, you can help by moving things quickly when you are up front. Ask a friend to help unfold, hold up the quilts, remove, fold, etc.

117becca 06-20-2013 10:04 AM

what about showing the one you really want to show first, and then say something to the effect that you have 3 charity quilts, too if folks want to come over and look at.

tessagin 06-20-2013 10:21 AM

Take all you want to show and if anyone complains just tell them you would love to see all the quilt projects they've been working on also. I'm curious as to how long the guild meetings last. Does everyone stay for the whole meeting or do they come and go?

Lisa_wanna_b_quilter 06-20-2013 10:24 AM

At our meetings, we have no time limit. Everyone shows whatever they want to show and then we move on to the lesson or demonstration. Some people show several. Some show one. It's all good.

mckwilter 06-20-2013 10:46 AM

In my guild, which is very small (total membership runs about 55), if the charity quilts are for the guild's charity projects, there is no limit to how many you show. If you are showing quilts that you have made for personal use or gifts, etc., we limit those to 3. A non-quilt item, such as a purse, pillow, etc., counts the same as a quilt. We decided to limit the number of quilts because we meet at night and S&T is usually the last item on the agenda. We usually average about 40 member at our meetings, and there are usually 5-10 participating in S&T, so it can run long.