Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Silicone Release Paper (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silicone-release-paper-t68339.html)

sewilicious 10-04-2010 05:46 PM

Has anyone used non-stick applique release transfer paper, I want to try using easy methods of appique and am wondering if this is the best way to go. I have also read about sticky sulky applique sheets, need your input please.
Thanks
Joan

ktbb 10-04-2010 06:25 PM

Not sure what "release transfer paper" is, but I've used both teflon pressing sheet which is designed for applique and regular parchment paper from the grocery store. Both work well when using fusible web for applique work..they both work well.

Not familiar with sticky sulky applique sheets either.

gale 10-04-2010 06:25 PM

I'm not sure what you mean. Are you talking about the kind you use with fusible applique that you iron your shapes to in order to get them placed correctly and then peel them off to iron them onto your project?

amma 10-04-2010 08:14 PM

I use the applique pressing sheets all of the time, they really make fusible applique a lot easier IMHO :D:D:D

I use one on the bottom to protect my ironing board and build the applique. One on the top to protect my iron from the fusible on the sides of the applique pieces :wink:

scowlkat 10-04-2010 09:42 PM

I use the applique pressing sheet all the time. Have also found that you can purchase the teflon baking sheets and achieve the same result - and surprise, I use them on my sewing machine bed when I FMQ instead of buying the expensive slider sheets!

MadQuilter 10-04-2010 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by amma
I use the applique pressing sheets all of the time, they really make fusible applique a lot easier IMHO :D:D:D

I use one on the bottom to protect my ironing board and build the applique. One on the top to protect my iron from the fusible on the sides of the applique pieces :wink:

That's my problem - I need another one - whoohoo, thanks amma.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-05-2010 04:37 AM

I have the release paper. Used it once. I found it to be just like using WonderUnder. You have to let everything cool before taking the paper off. I'm not that patient. I also have an applique sheet and much prefer that to the release paper.

sewilicious 10-11-2010 08:31 AM

Thank you all for your input, the directions on this is you trace the pattern on this paper, then iron it on to the fabric. I will try your methods, thanks. Joan

BellaBoo 10-11-2010 08:41 AM

The paper I used was red graphite. It worked great. I don't know if this is what you want though. I ordered it to transfer a drawing to fabric. The name on the package is: Homespun Treasures
www.gotscraps.com

np3 10-11-2010 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by amma

This is a great method!