Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Silly Sewing Poll - i'm wondering who's like me? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/silly-sewing-poll-im-wondering-whos-like-me-t20195.html)

LindaR 05-17-2009 06:04 AM

no shoes, need to feel that pedal....at retreat am usually limping around with one shoe on

Bevanger 05-17-2009 07:09 AM

bear feet. i like the feel of my pedal, But the dern thing keeps sliding, so i curl my toes around the top :wink:

robbijmorris 05-17-2009 08:33 AM

Usually with socks only. I have very cold feet. Even in summer, they get cold. Sometimes, I wander in there with my slippers on. I end up kicking off my right slipper to use the pedal without a shoe on. It is a control thing. How funny! I didn't know others did stuff like that for the same reason! Yeah! I'm normal!! (lol)

MadQuilter 05-17-2009 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by Loretta
stocking feet- that way when I walk around I tell myself I am dusting the hardwood floors as well! LOL!

If I did that, I'd be a giant woolybooger by the time I got to the stairway. lol

Mplsgirl 05-17-2009 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter

Originally Posted by Loretta
stocking feet- that way when I walk around I tell myself I am dusting the hardwood floors as well! LOL!

If I did that, I'd be a giant woolybooger by the time I got to the stairway. lol

Me too. I just saw all that here on my floors when I read this. Guess I should go up and mop floors. Or not. Woolyboogers rule! Lordy I love retirement!

Skeat 05-17-2009 11:13 AM

I'm an out of control quilter...things go tossing over my head, drop around my feet if I miss the pin cushion, etc....and even though I always try to remember to shut my rotary down when not in use, I have been known to forget it w/it open. (Or what I drop carrying too many things from one side to the other of the room) So, shoes are an investment to keep sewing and prob not visiting the emerg. room..:)Skeat

dojo36 05-17-2009 11:33 AM

hi Julie, I'm Donna (dojo36). wanted to ask you something about what kind of shoes you wear? i'm 72 and my arches have just fallen not too long ago and i am now flat-footed, went to foot doctor and they x-rayed and that's what he said. anyhow i have a horrible time finding any kind of shoes i can wear, my feet hurt terrible all the time in the arches and even when i go to bed at night - can hardly go to sleep for my arches hurting? do you have any better advice than the doctor did? thanks, donna

Debbie1 05-17-2009 12:11 PM

I sew either with socks on or barefooted. With shoes I feel I don't have control.

Judith 05-17-2009 12:21 PM

Mostly, I sew with bare feet (and this even after breaking off a needle in my foot that had to be surgically removed!).

kluedesigns 05-17-2009 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Judith
Mostly, I sew with bare feet (and this even after breaking off a needle in my foot that had to be surgically removed!).

OMG!!!

you're totally hard core!