Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   simplicity bias tape maker (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/simplicity-bias-tape-maker-t61328.html)

hokieappmom 08-25-2010 12:26 PM

I did a search and read lots of threads on this, but most were posted a year or so ago. I read a review that the one-inch tool that comes with it works fine, but none of the others do because they are not close enough to the heat. They said it doesn't fold and crease it well. Has anyone used this with any of the other tips? I make a lot of bias tape and wonder if it's worth it. Wal Mart has it for $59 online. Thanks for your help.

Ripped on Scotch 08-25-2010 12:28 PM

I use the olfa ones and they are really easy to use..

oatw13 08-25-2010 01:03 PM

I have this and I use the large size for 2.5" binding strips. It works fine for me.
I always wait and let the machine get good and hot. That means I wait a few more minutes after the light comes on to tell me it is ready.

If I ever feel like it is not creased well enough, it is very easy to run it through a second time, but I don't usually have a problem.

I use this for all of my binding now. It beats pressing it in half!

MinnieKat 08-25-2010 01:11 PM

I saw the gals on Fons and Porter spray it with sizing before it goes through the tip ...

annette1952 08-25-2010 11:31 PM

I saw that on Fons & Porter too but I haven't tried that yet. I have used more than one size in mine & never had a problem. I love mine & I think it was well worth the money

ToucanSam 08-26-2010 12:42 AM

Originally Posted by oatw13
I have this and I use the large size for 2.5" binding strips. It works fine for me.
I always wait and let the machine get good and hot. That means I wait a few more minutes after the light comes on to tell me it is ready.

If I ever feel like it is not creased well enough, it is very easy to run it through a second time, but I don't usually have a problem.

I hate pressing the binding in half! Now I think I need this! :)

hokieappmom 08-26-2010 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by oatw13

Have you used any smaller than the one-inch? Thanks for your input.

plainpat 09-03-2010 04:33 AM

Wal mart shows this at $66. Where did you find it on line for $59?

hokieappmom 09-03-2010 04:38 AM

Originally Posted by justme2

When I did a search the day I was looking, it was $59 and could be shipped free of charge to your local store.

plainpat 09-03-2010 06:22 AM

Thanks....I'll see what they say.Might be better price during holidays.

Originally Posted by hokieappmom

Originally Posted by justme2

When I did a search the day I was looking, it was $59 and could be shipped free of charge to your local store.