Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Simply Quilt Programs (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/simply-quilt-programs-t81217.html)

TX GMimi 12-08-2010 04:10 AM

Originally Posted by Sweeterthanwine
I very seldom watch HGTV anymore. Not interested in the type of programs they have now.

We have ATT U-Verse - they've taken HGTV off the listings. Also DIY! Go figure...they must think if you say at home, all you want to watch are the "soaps"! :lol: :lol:

jeandriggers 12-08-2010 05:27 AM

I agree. I am also sick of the House hunters thing.
I use to see a lot of good stuff on there, which I did record a lot of them. Now wish I had done more.
HGTV is not as good as it use to be.
I'm glad I had a chance to say this. Thank you

mltquilt 12-08-2010 05:30 AM

If your cable provider or satellite provider has the BYU channel, they have the Fons and Porter quilt show.

mltquilt

BMP 12-08-2010 05:33 AM

HGTV isnt what it was before. I used to have it on for most of the day but not anymore. Same with the Food TV.

Dodie 12-08-2010 06:11 AM

I think HGTV lost lots when they got rid of Alex Anderson as well as the other perfessional quilters as most of my books were bought after watching a teacher on her show I tried her new show for one year and did not care for it just was not the same with the different teaches to much other stuff on it then tried CNNTV for a year but find I get more info here and on you tube saves money as I don't need all of those books thanks to all here for your help

nycbgirl 12-08-2010 06:15 AM

I wish there were alot more shows on sewing and quilting! I have so much to learn! For now I watch alot of youtube for instruction.

kellen46 12-08-2010 06:20 AM

I used to love HGTV when it had all the sewing and crafting shows on, not any more. I don't watch it at all. Seems to me it has turned into one long infomercial. I do watch Quilt in a day as I am a Burns fanatic. I also get a variety of quilting and sewing shows on public TV. It varies from area to area so check with your local station. Sewing with Nancy is a staple and I always learn something new from her. I do buy the DVDs of particular favorites. Eleanor Burns new Block Party Series is a real winner. Check out both her and Nancy Zieman's web sites for free vids of their shows. Send HGTV back into the ether.

chance 12-08-2010 06:22 AM

Thought I was so smart. Taped all the Alex Anderson, Carol's craft shows, and a few other quilting shows over the years. Indexed them, and now have boxes of VHS tapes. Problem - no VHS player - mine died! Best laid plans......

If you know what episode you are looking for or the subject matter, maybe I could send you the tape.

Ma for Aadyn 12-08-2010 06:43 AM

When simply quilts started i taped all of the shows I must have probable 75 vhs tapes I go back from time to time and check out the show if I need help on a certain project.I did that with Quilt in a Day show with Eleanor Burns. I am in the process of transfering all of the vhs tapes to c.d. for fear the vhs tapes will not last as long as the c.d.

lynmh 12-08-2010 06:49 AM

Amen!! Never saw so many cooking shows and I hate to cook!!
Id much rather clean up :)