Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Singer 301's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/singer-301s-t159411.html)

Fabaddict 10-10-2011 09:35 AM

just for the heck of it I decided to check out Ebay and see what they were going for - I checked 3 "pages" of vintage machines and saw 3 - one for $86, one for $150 and one for $199. I would say at least a couple of us got great deals.

Prism99 10-10-2011 09:42 AM

Were these completed sales? Or just listings?

Candace 10-10-2011 10:10 AM

Not necessarily great deals if they were missing the bobbin cases-which many of the lower priced ones are...

amyjo 10-10-2011 01:25 PM

I got one on EBAY that is on its way and I pd $88.05 with ptg. hopefully he packs her good. She was all complete with little suitcase and all.

jljack 10-10-2011 01:28 PM

That's about what I paid...$65 plus $25 shipping, and I had to replace a few minor parts. It also didn't have a case or any attachments/feet. But otherwise it's fine.

jaciqltznok 10-10-2011 06:39 PM

I have seen go higher for ones with case, notions, attachments..I know..I am watching them closely..and have narrowed my search to Black long beds..the most expensive of course..hehehe

Lostn51 10-10-2011 06:45 PM

They are going to pass the Featherweights before it is over with price wise. I like them better because you can drop the feed dogs and its a full size machine. But you have to admit the $5 301 that was picked up by one of our members was probably the best deal so far! I love to hear when people get a killer score!!!!

Billy

deedum 10-10-2011 06:53 PM

I was just at a quilt show, they had a 301 with case for $400, gee was the case included in that price? I hope so!

I bought mine for $30. I used to think I wanted a featherweight, but find I am thrilled with the 301. Only will buy a featherweight now if the price was extememly right. They look very fragil when it is side by side of a 301.
But they are all good!

Lostn51 10-10-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by deedum
I was just at a quilt show, they had a 301 with case for $400, gee was the case included in that price? I hope so!

I bought mine for $30. I used to think I wanted a featherweight, but find I am thrilled with the 301. Only will buy a featherweight now if the price was extememly right. They look very fragil when it is side by side of a 301.
But they are all good!

Oh there is nothing wrong with the FW's but the motors are the weak point of the machine. If I can score a 222K I will be all over it like white on rice and happy as ever. But he main advantage to the 301's are the availability, the prices are still relatively cheap, and you can drop the feed dogs for FMQ. but you have to be careful and be sure the hook assembly is with the machine, because they will swap out with the FW and people will rob them just for that reason.

Billy

Lostn51 10-10-2011 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by deedum

But they are all good!

Oh there is nothing wrong with the FW's but the motors are the weak point of the machine. If I can score a 222K I will be all over it like white on rice and happy as ever. But he main advantage to the 301's are the availability, the prices are still relatively cheap, and you can drop the feed dogs for FMQ. but you have to be careful and be sure the hook assembly is with the machine, because they will swap out with the FW and people will rob them just for that reason.

Billy