Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sit down long arm machine. Which one? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sit-down-long-arm-machine-one-t312445.html)

Sailorwoman 09-14-2020 01:29 PM

If you decide on the Juki, make sure that your local dealer is an authorized dealer for Juki. If he is not, Juki will not ship parts to him. Many shops can clean and do general maintenance, but if ever you need to replace a part, you need that authorized dealer.

sewbizgirl 09-14-2020 02:43 PM

I should have mentioned that the newer Jukis have built in stitch regulators.

mjpEncinitas 09-14-2020 06:57 PM


Originally Posted by Sailorwoman (Post 8418058)
If you decide on the Juki, make sure that your local dealer is an authorized dealer for Juki. If he is not, Juki will not ship parts to him. Many shops can clean and do general maintenance, but if ever you need to replace a part, you need that authorized dealer.

well that’s a reason to go with the George instead. Though Sewing machines plus is an authorized dealer.

Sailorwoman 09-15-2020 07:04 AM

I have a Juki and I really like it. However, I have found that Juki is not great in terms of customer service. It took three emails to get an answer to a simple question from them. Having said that, my dealer is excellent but they are 1300 miles away. That makes shipping a little expensive. I learned the hard way that it is important to have an authorized dealer close by. Good luck with your decision. Choosing a new machine is not easy.

mjpEncinitas 09-15-2020 01:59 PM

Good news for me. Itís the encoder. A relatively inexpensive part While I would love a new machine I canít justify it. $6000 can buy a lot of fabric though. :)

QuiltE 09-15-2020 02:43 PM

Great news!!!
Hope they fix it quickly for you, and can get back to using it very soon.
Yes, indeed, treat yourself to some new fabric. A good excuse!!!! :)

Now for my question ..... what does the encoder do for the machine?
(I have a S16, so it's all relevant to me)
Thanks!

mkc 09-15-2020 03:58 PM


Originally Posted by mjpEncinitas (Post 8418299)
Good news for me. Itís the encoder. A relatively inexpensive part While I would love a new machine I canít justify it. $6000 can buy a lot of fabric though. :)

Great news! And.... if you wanted to get into better stitch regulator than the "puck" HQ used for the SS originally, they are now selling a table with the sensors in it. It's called the InSight table - retails around $1500 but they have run a couple of sales on it. It's the same table technology that the Capri uses, just has a cutout to fit the SS instead of the Capri.

mjpEncinitas 09-15-2020 04:19 PM


Originally Posted by QuiltE (Post 8418306)
Great news!!!
Hope they fix it quickly for you, and can get back to using it very soon.
Yes, indeed, treat yourself to some new fabric. A good excuse!!!! :)

Now for my question ..... what does the encoder do for the machine?
(I have a S16, so it's all relevant to me)
Thanks!

well he told me but it was a few hours ago but here it goes. It encodes the message from the screen into something the motor can deal with. So if your screen is lit up but the machine wonít go when you press needle down or press the door pedal consider the encoder. Mario thought it would be $50. I guess Probably closer to $100. He says heís not charging me labor. Probably feels bad that he didnít believe me about the problem since it was intermittent. Understandable. He has to wait until HQ sends him the part and then heíll fix it right away. Two weeks.

QuiltE 09-15-2020 07:08 PM

Thanks for the extra info.
Good Luck ... hope you get it back sooner.

Time to get something ready so you can use it as soon as you have it back!!

rryder 09-16-2020 05:44 AM

Good to hear! I have an older Sweet Sixteen that I bought used, and I love it. I think it's well worth it to get yours fixed- you can always look at getting an insight table for it if you decide you want stitch regulation.

Rob


All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:19 PM.



SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.