Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   This site is dangerous.... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/site-dangerous-t103662.html)

kiesh 02-27-2011 06:08 PM

I'm a college student that enjoys quilting when I have time (which isn't very often, especially when I work at a camp over the summer.)
Since discovering this site I have so many ideas in my head that I want to make. I even got a twister tool this past weekend. I never would've known about them if it wasn't for this site! I also never knew about the disappearing 9-Patch, and I have to say it may have been life changing. I can't wait to try it.
What have you learned/discovered from this forum?

dltaylor 02-27-2011 06:14 PM

Well I tell you one thing, the site is hard to resist!! I find my self logging in at least 5-10 times per day. And that's nothing as to the sells!! I think I am addicted!! LOL

sueisallaboutquilts 02-27-2011 06:21 PM

It seems to me that anything quilting related is addicting lol
Before I joined the board (newest addiction) I never heard of the twister tool, the disappearing 9 patch (which I made and love) along with the twister tool, plus some vintage Singers, and a TON of info and great friends!!!!!!!!!!!
So, yes I certainly hear you!! :D:D:D
Being here makes me happy, and that's that!

Durinda 02-27-2011 06:26 PM

When I joined, I was not certain that I would be able to follow along on a BOM! Now I have paper pieced and I love it! I have so many patterns saved to my "want to make list"that I will never get them all done. I love all the friendly helpers on here. :)

nwm50 02-27-2011 06:29 PM

have met 3 quilters in person from this site and we're great buddies! Have gained tons of knowledge from everybody and have traded with lots and i think this board is the best people to turn to with request for help, advice, and good converstation!

GagaSmith 02-27-2011 06:31 PM

I have picked up many good tips but what i get most from this forum is inspiration and ideas. Not enough hours in the day to do all the neat things i want to try.

Rainybug 02-27-2011 06:31 PM

Originally Posted by dltaylor
Well I tell you one thing, the site is hard to resist!! I find my self logging in at least 5-10 times per day. And that's nothing as to the sells!! I think I am addicted!! LOL

It could be worse, I stay logged on...I have to stop sewing/cutting/ ironing often as I have a back injury which prevents me from being in one position for too long so I check this site for a little while and then change chairs and positions and tasks again.

CarrieAnne 02-27-2011 06:32 PM

Lol, I spend way to much time here!

clem55 02-27-2011 06:35 PM

That even though I may never meet any of you, I feel I have gained a lot of new friends, and I think you are all great!!

magnolia 02-27-2011 06:38 PM

I am also a college student. This site is very addicting. I haven't been on much lately because I have had way too much homework and projects to work on. But, I try to come when I can. I tend to go in spurts.