Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Small Business Saturday (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/small-business-saturday-t169878.html)

SuzieQuilts 11-26-2011 06:56 AM

Small Business Saturday

Don't forget it is Small Business Saturday. Today would be a great day to support your local quilt store, if you have one. I am going to try to make at least one purchase in our small town today.

franc36 11-26-2011 07:00 AM

My favorite quilt store in Knoxville is having a huge sale today.

grammy Dwynn 11-26-2011 07:21 AM

I would love to go to my LQS today, but :( they are closed, today. Being a small business, they are taking the whole weekend to be with family. I do however support them through out the year. :)

Please remember to support your local small business more than one day, they work hard to be there all year round!

charmpacksplus 11-26-2011 07:24 AM

There are also small businesses online, I'm one of 'em :-) And there are lots of others here on the forum.

mrs. fitz 11-26-2011 02:45 PM

To observe the day I went to our semi-local quilt shop. Fabric was 25% off but I had planned to go before I knew this. I purchased some fabric and 15 f/q's to give out at our guild dinner. I was happy to see she had an active class going on and several other customers. Wish the shop was just a little closer. And wish fabric prices hadn't taken such a jump (not just this shop, that seems to be the norm).

mesue 11-26-2011 02:58 PM

I went to my local shop (Sew What in Wyandotte Michigan) and spent a few bucks. Was nice to see them busy this morning.

JenniePenny 11-26-2011 03:08 PM

I went on my own little Shop Hop today and went to two quilt shops, about 25 miles apart. Both had some sales and
lots of free smiles and pleasant chit chat! I bought multiple yards of 3 fabrics at 3.99 per yard from the clearance
section, plus others - new selections at 20% off regular price. I also got a June Taylor Shape cut ruler for 40% off
(but I didn't need it 'cause I already have one.). And a great easy pattern for $5 for teaching my niece how to sew when she comes to visit me over Christmas break. And, to top it all off, I signed up for a class with a well known author and teacher of paper piecing. so a great little road trip today on Small business Saturday.

deedum 11-26-2011 03:22 PM

I mentioned to my dh that I intend to participate in Small Business Saturday today. He suggested we go to a local restaurant (30 away) for lunch, so we did. Then we bought a gift certificate also. On the way home, I suggested I also stop by a favorite independent qs, slightly out of our way, but did make some nice purchases. Can't wait to go back.

donac 11-26-2011 04:28 PM

We were having a pillowcase sew in day for ConKer Cancer at our Quilt shop, so while we sewed we also shopped. we also ordered from a small local restaurant for lunch. I think we helped the small businesses today.

ontheriver 11-26-2011 04:38 PM

Small businesses are the norm in my town since it is so small. Have a few chains but most are family owned.