Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So exciting~ (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-exciting%7E-t189154.html)

Pat625 05-16-2012 06:55 AM

So exciting~

I just got back from walmart, where I was unable to get thru the fabric department! It was full of pallets of fabric to fill in the 3 new aisles of fabric offerings!! An entire aisle is all cotton quilting fabrics, as well as another huge section of quilting supplies!! Prices looked great. Most of the fabrics look like the same as carried by Joannes,with much better prices!! Too bad i have to use an electric cart to shop, or I would have been digging thru the pallets!! I will be back tomorrow!!

franc36 05-16-2012 10:26 AM

Wow! You are so fortunate. My WalMart does not sell fabric.

Havplenty 05-16-2012 10:33 AM

the super wally world (aka walmart) nearest me is stocking fabric and it is an organizational mess and not the most inviting aisle to shop in. i truly hope they do something better with the organization but there was lots of fabrics. they clearanced out all of the precuts they were carrying. i managed to get a few.

mcdaniel023 05-16-2012 04:29 PM

Our local walmart tripled it's fabric department this past week. Bolts and bolts of "quilting fabric"($3.00-$6.95), clearance section, specialty fabrics, more machines thread, zippers....Everything they took out is back. Great planning on their part.....NOT!

Monroe 05-16-2012 06:33 PM

Mine never lost it's fabric section, but shrunk it severely and stuffed it in the back. The fabrics are like cheesecloth, prices almost $8. It's sad.

cmw0829 05-17-2012 10:19 AM

Our local store discontinued fabrics and most crafts a few years ago. They're expanding the store to one with groceries and when we went through the other day, I spied some fabric. We were in a hurry so didn't get a chance to really look. Looked as if they were just putting it all together.

cuppi duke 05-17-2012 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by Pat625 (Post 5220739)
I just got back from walmart, where I was unable to get thru the fabric department! It was full of pallets of fabric to fill in the 3 new aisles of fabric offerings!! An entire aisle is all cotton quilting fabrics, as well as another huge section of quilting supplies!! Prices looked great. Most of the fabrics look like the same as carried by Joannes,with much better prices!! Too bad i have to use an electric cart to shop, or I would have been digging thru the pallets!! I will be back tomorrow!!

I guess they decided to do anything they could to break the independent quilt shops now. It just makes me sad, not happy.

burchquilts 05-17-2012 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by franc36 (Post 5221212)
Wow! You are so fortunate. My WalMart does not sell fabric.

Mine does but it's nothing to write home about... no FQs like I hear the other gals talking about, nothing good at all.

Pat625 05-17-2012 05:46 PM

Our only Quilt shop closed a while ago, so unless i went clear across town to Hancocks, all I had was Joannes.The quality of the fabrics in Joannes are no better than the ones at Wamart....Even with the coupons many times the prices were higher too...I like having more options especially since price can make or break me since I live on disability.

Originally Posted by cuppi duke (Post 5224044)
I guess they decided to do anything they could to break the independent quilt shops now. It just makes me sad, not happy.

Latrinka 05-18-2012 04:53 AM

No fabric in the wal-mart here, but word has it we're supposed to be getting a hobby lobby!