Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So. Oregon Quilting Group? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-oregon-quilting-group-t121910.html)

MarshaC 05-09-2011 10:20 AM

Are there any quilting groups in the Medford or Grants Pass areas? I am interested in joining a group.

QuiltnNan 05-09-2011 10:50 AM

your LQS may know of some groups

MarshaC 05-09-2011 11:01 AM

Hate to sound dumb but what is my LQS?

lbaillie 05-09-2011 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by MarshaC
Hate to sound dumb but what is my LQS?

not dumb at all, Local Quilt Shop, took me awhile to figure out the lingo too,

Magdalena 05-09-2011 04:10 PM

I am from Central Valley, CA. My DH surprised me, and took me to Grants Pass for Mother's Day. My daughter that lives in Portland, Oregon met us there. I went to Plaza Sewing and Quilting Center on 311 SE 6th St, Grants Pass. They were wonderful and helpful. They have beautiful fabric too. They have a brochure of all the Quilting Shops in Oregon. Hope this will be a great beginning for you.

mom2suki 05-09-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by Magdalena
I am from Central Valley, CA. My DH surprised me, and took me to Grants Pass for Mother's Day. My daughter that lives in Portland, Oregon met us there. I went to Plaza Sewing and Quilting Center on 311 SE 6th St, Grants Pass. They were wonderful and helpful. They have beautiful fabric too. They have a brochure of all the Quilting Shops in Oregon. Hope this will be a great beginning for you.

Yes, I go to Plaza Sewing and Quilting Center quite often. The gals are so nice and eager to help. Even my DH enjoys going with me because the gals treat him so well!!!

MarshaC 05-09-2011 07:52 PM

I will have to check it out. Thanks!

mom2boyz 05-09-2011 09:02 PM

I am in So Or and just recently joined the American Sewing Guild. The So Or chapter is very very active and have a lot of neighborhood groups that focus on quilting or doll making, beading, embroidery etc. I am enjoying some of the quilting ones. Medford has two quilting stores, Jacksonsonville has one that I know of, Ashland has one quilting store and a smaller fabric store. So we really have quite a few options. I would be happy to give you more info if you are interested. Where do you live?

Airwick156 05-10-2011 01:04 AM

I live just north of Grants Pass. Been in Grants Pass for 36 years!!! There is Plaza sewing the locals call it "Ricks". I am not sure if there are groups or not, but I am up here in Glendale, 25 miles north of Grants Pass up I-5 and on Tuesdays from noon till 4 or so there are about 6 or 7 women that come to sew, crochet, chat, visit or what have you. There is always someone that is willing to help out anyone that needs help. Please come and join us. It is in Glendale, Get off the freeway at exit 80. Turn left. Go 3 miles go past the mill, cross the railroad tracks to the stop sign. Turn left at the Glenway Grocery store and we are in the old train car (called the train depo.)