Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So pleased on a fabric find! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-pleased-fabric-find-t195478.html)

Tartan 07-23-2012 09:33 AM

So pleased on a fabric find!

About a year ago, I was working on a star quilt with a Robert Kaufman gold metallic/cream floral in the background. I thought I had enough fabric and sewed together my blocks and found out I was one short. I went back to the fabric shop to buy some more but it was sold out. It kind of took the fun out of the project and it's been in my UFO pile since then. I recently bought a scrap bag from the same shop and lo and behold!!!! there was about a 1/4 yard of the fabric folded up in the middle. Oh Joy!!!Oh Joy!!!! I got my UFO out today to finish the last block and I will put the top together this week.. I know only fellow quilters can understand my elation!

Deborahlees 07-23-2012 09:42 AM

O.M.G. Luck was just waiting to happen....what if you hadn't bought that exact one.....It was meant to be, you just had to do a little penance for your reward...... It is a miracle when you think about the odds of that happening...
May the bluebird of happiness continue to live on your shoulder.....;)

MaryMo 07-23-2012 09:46 AM

Congratulations .... that scrap bag was meant for you! looking forward to seeing the finished project.

chips88 07-23-2012 09:51 AM

how lucky to have been there that day to have picked the grab bag with your fabric in it. hope to see the finished quilt..:thumbup:

granny216 07-23-2012 10:01 AM

I can relate to this. Many years ago I made a quilt and had all the blocks put together and then discovered I didn't have enough for the border...It would have had to be 2 inches and then what. Well. Several years later a friend and I were in an upstate retreat and we went into this little quilt shop and we were looking around and I happened to look up where some flat fabrics were laying and I told her that was the fabric I needed and she couldn't believe that I could tell from where we stood...It was the right fabric and I still have the quilt. Yes, it was a chance I took but after looking for so long I took the fabric anyway and thought if it wasn't I would use it for something else.

ssgirly 07-23-2012 10:14 AM

I love when things just fall into place like that!

Monroe 07-23-2012 10:36 AM

It was meant to be! Did you find the bit of fabric while shopping, or did it shout out when you got home?

GagaSmith 07-23-2012 10:54 AM

What are the chances of that happening? Very slim I'm sure. Glad you can now finish your quilt.

Tartan 07-23-2012 11:51 AM

Originally Posted by Monroe (Post 5387836)
It was meant to be! Did you find the bit of fabric while shopping, or did it shout out when you got home?

I didn't even know it was in the bag until I was getting ready to iron all the pieces to add them to my stash!

Lori S 07-23-2012 11:59 AM

I think you should buy a lottery ticket , you have some amazing luck !