Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So what is everyone working on? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-everyone-working-t1917.html)

luvmy2bts 08-18-2007 08:50 AM

I am working on a quilt from last years McCalls Quilting called House On Willow tree hill. I think that is the name. I am not that great at applique but I keep plugging away at it. I think that I am about 1/2 done with the leaves on the willow tree. Then I need to do the 4 applique borders. I will be glad when this one is done. So what are you working on? I would love to hear the details

jumperfamily 08-18-2007 08:59 AM

I'm just finishing a tumbling blocks quilt. I am finishing up with the hand-stitched part of the binding. Of course I always have half a dozen other projects in some stage or another.

I am near finishing a mock cathedral window in pink and white for my neice's baby - it's been fun, but a real pain...the real cathedral window is much easier to do! I've discovered I don't really like working with circles - too persnickity.

Every time I visit this board it seems I start another project because I get so excited about what others are doing!

Shelly

ccbear66 08-18-2007 09:08 AM

I have just finished up two baby quilts and a queen size. I'm currently working on another rag quilt. I'm going to give rag quilts to some of my really close friends for Christmas this year. My mother is going to retire in November and one of her co-workers has asked me to make a memory quilt for everyone to sign so I guess my other projects will take a back seat until I get this one done. I think that I'm going to do the churn dash block and then let them sign it in the center block. What do you all think? Will that work?

patricej 08-18-2007 09:08 AM

today i'm working on a patchwork quilt. one of a looooooong list of works in progress.

a "real" cathedral windows quilt is on my someday list. if you've made on already, you are my hero!

someday will get here when i figure out an easier and faster way to make it. :shock:

Country Quilter 08-18-2007 09:28 AM

Today I am working on my sister's fall wallhanging....I have made a Spring, Easter, Summer, and July 4th for her so far....I am heading into Fall now and will also do one for Halloween and Thanksgiving and Christmas...then she also wanted one for Valentines day and St. Patricks day....then I will be done with this batch of wallhangings!

This is the second sister that has asked me to make seasonal wallhangings... I have 6 other sisters :shock: I hope they don't all get the same idea! LOL Altho these have been much fun to make!

So far today I have made seven leaves and the Welcome letters ...then there is a scarecrow with a pumpkin to cut out and applique ...

Yesterday, I picked several large zucchini in the garden so this afternoon I will be baking some zucchini brownies and bread! :D

redrummy 08-18-2007 10:04 AM

I am working on quilts for my grandchildren. singles, quilt blocks of spider and super men for my grandson, tinkerbell for my granddaughter each backed with a patchwork of receiving blankets they had. I had made some for both my kids, and neices and nephew. they loved them, and some still have theirs, even tho they are all adults now.

Boo 08-18-2007 10:28 AM

Luvmy, welcome to our happy family of quilters. I have actually considered that pattern myself, along with 5,000 others. :lol: I was just looking at it again this week as a possible, but will prolly put off until later. This is the time of year that I plan for gifts for friends and relations. I am always working on something at the shop for the shop. Each new line of fabric that comes in seems to want to be showcased. LOL

My current shop quilt is made up of a rose collection. Unfortunately, I have that CRS and do not remember the name of the line. Maybe will post a pic of this one, as it is quite easy to make.

lin 08-18-2007 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ccbear66
I think that I'm going to do the churn dash block and then let them sign it in the center block. What do you all think? Will that work?

I think that'll work just fine ccbear. I love that block. :)

It would be easier to list what I'm NOT working on right now. LOL I always seem to have too many irons in the fire. But I wouldn't be happy if I didn't. :)

At the moment I'm working on m-qing two twin bed quilts for a client. They're really going to challenge me because I'm trying a new technique on both quilts. I'm doing "McTavishing" and I've only practiced it a few times. Wish me luck! :wink:

Also in the works for myself is the king quilt I'm mq-uing for my ds. He's been waiting for a long time for it, but I had to finish his new wife's quilt first (the one in my avatar) as well as that queen I was griping about basting (for my nephew's wedding), and now these two came in to be done so he's going to have to be patient a little longer. Good thing he's a sweet boy! LOL I'm also working on two applique quilts, one for me and one for dh. His has to wait til Winter because it's a king and gets soooo hot sitting under it to applique the border designs. THEN...there are those 16 or so quilt tops sitting in the top of my closet waiting for me to get them under a needle--either by hand or machine. :oops: ACK!!!! Anyone want to stop by a month-long quilting bee? :P

I just tired myself right out! LOL

lin 08-18-2007 11:36 AM

And...welcome luvmy!!! Sorry, that's the first thing I should have said. :oops: Glad to have you here. :)

luvmy2bts 08-18-2007 11:48 AM

That my name is Debbie. The luvmy2 bts stands for Boston Terriers. Their names are Cricket and Jazz.