Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   So what quilting projects are you working on this weekend? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/so-what-quilting-projects-you-working-weekend-t106958.html)

justwannaquilt 03-11-2011 10:45 PM

working on two zig zag quilts at the same time. One for my son and one for my sister to give as a gift. Tomorrow I hope to get the fabric for a large "Surf Song" bargello starched. At some point tomorrow I need to run to the fabric store and get fabric for the borders since I have a coupon!

trif 03-11-2011 11:11 PM

First I need to finish quilting a kids quilt that is on my grace frame, then I need to piece the backing for a b-day quilt that I would like to quilt on my Bailey, once I finish those I want to finish piecing the top I started today (and am half way done) it's a fq pattern, once the top is complete I want to go to buy fabric for the backing, and I work Sunday so it's going to be one BUSY Saturday but what fun!!!

manyana 03-11-2011 11:21 PM

I have finally put the borders on a cot quilt and now am starting to hand quilt it.
Colleen

annesthreads 03-12-2011 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by Raggiemom
Does everyone have lots of fun projects planned for the weekend? I finished two UFOs during the week and hope to finish 2 more.

Wow, Raggiemom - 2 ufos finished in a week - my aim is to finish 12 UFOs this year and I'm making little progress. This weekend I'm sorting out borders that I've just had to take off
:cry: - will be posting about that in a minute - then, if that gets done, moving on to some quilting.

Diana Lynne 03-12-2011 03:02 AM

going to try and finish my daughter's quilt..Its the one I am making for the pinwheel project..

Yooper32 03-12-2011 03:44 AM

Finished a birthday gift tablerunner last night, birthday was in Feb. (groan). Maybe today I can start on my Old Red Barn square, maybe..before I lose the paper pieces in the mess in my sewing room. I did two "one single star" blocks and have to find a way to mail them so they aren't a creased mess when they arrive, but that will have to wait until Mon. as our PO is only open for an hour and a half on Sat morning, early. Sure hope and pray it is not going to be closed.

thenonnielady 03-12-2011 03:48 AM

finishing the backing for crib quilt for new grandson in June and starting a new one for a soon to be 13 yr old grandson in July. YAY!

MerryQuilter 03-12-2011 03:55 AM

Applique on a Bunny project!

kaykwilts 03-12-2011 03:59 AM

I'm off to the Dallas quilt show...but not going to see the quilts. I am going to spend most of the day at the Long Arm vendors. I have been wanting to purchase a Long Arm machine for a long time, and today will be day one of my search for the right machine for me. I am really excited.

But on the drive to Dallas, I will be working on the Grandmother's Flower Garden I am English Paper Piecing....

Have a great weekend all!!
k

Edie 03-12-2011 04:02 AM

I will be cutting out fabric for at least two more blocks on our Anniversary Quilt! I have 21 blocks done now (sampler) and haven't decided whether to have 35 or 48 blocks. I know I don't have enough fabric for 48, and am not even positive if I have enough for 35, but I'm planning to keep on going til I run out of one color and then I will implement another color in and make it all match. That and a roast turkey breast and all the trimmings for Sunday dinner. And probably shovel more snow that we got last night. And we have to shovel it, because it is only going up to 27 today. Don't want anyone falling and breaking their neck on our sidewalk! DON'T FORGET TO SET YOUR CLOCKS AHEAD TONIGHT!!!!!! Edie