Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   software (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/software-t52628.html)

Marmie 07-03-2010 12:21 PM

I'm wondering if anyone has used any of the quilt design software available , and if so can you recomend or "not" recomend any? I've seen "Electric Quilt" used on some of the sewing programs. Looks so amazeing, but expensive. I would appreciate any advice.

amma 07-03-2010 12:35 PM

I have used EQ6 for several years now and I love it!!! I just bought the upgrade to EQ7 :D:D:D

Marmie 07-03-2010 12:36 PM

Thank you, I think that was one I was looking at.

sewcrafty 07-03-2010 01:07 PM

I also had EQ6 and upgrade to 7. I'm still a beginner at it and have learned that the lessons are there for a reason!! :shock: After doing some of the lessons things really started making more sense and it became much easier!! :-D

I can also atest to the friendly nature of the customer service/tech support at EQ. No question too dumb. Sometimes you can even get a laugh out of them! :-D Have always been very friendly and helpful.

quiltsRfun 07-03-2010 05:18 PM

Originally Posted by Marmie
I've seen "Electric Quilt" used on some of the sewing programs. Looks so amazeing, but expensive. I would appreciate any advice.

Try Quilt Wizard. It's the scaled down version of EQ and you can usually get it for around $30 at Joannes or Hancock. You can do quite a lot with the program and it will give you an idea if you want to spend the $ for the full version of EQ. Don't forget to register so you can go to the website for new designs every month.

BKrenning 07-03-2010 08:05 PM

I use Quilt Pro. It's a little cheaper than EQ but not as many users so not as many people to sap patterns with. They do have a free block every day & a free quilt pattern every month.

AudreyB 07-03-2010 08:07 PM

I, too, have used EQ6 for many years and just upgraded to EQ7. it does way more than I use, but it does everything that I need.

littlehud 07-03-2010 08:32 PM

I started with Quilt Wizard and enjoyed it a lot. Now I have EQ but the other was a good starting point. (and a lot cheaper)

DoxieMom 07-05-2010 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by quiltsRfun

Originally Posted by Marmie
I've seen "Electric Quilt" used on some of the sewing programs. Looks so amazeing, but expensive. I would appreciate any advice.

Try Quilt Wizard. It's the scaled down version of EQ and you can usually get it for around $30 at Joannes or Hancock. You can do quite a lot with the program and it will give you an idea if you want to spend the $ for the full version of EQ. Don't forget to register so you can go to the website for new designs every month.

Amazon.com also has Quilt Wizard for $24.95. I just got it and am learning how to use it. Since I'm a beginner, I thought it would be a good way to experiment with color and layout combinations.

amberl 07-09-2010 12:16 PM

Try www.MyWebQuilter.com. It is free to get started.