Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Some days you just have to laugh! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/some-days-you-just-have-laugh-t190643.html)

Grace MooreLinker 06-03-2012 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by oldquilter (Post 5260834)
So, I've been working on a quilt for my grandson who will be three next month, and is tractor crazy. So I bought a yard of tractor print plus one panel with all sorts of vehicles. This kid loves wheels. I cut large squares to make big triangle sections the easy way, because the print is large. Then I dug through my stash and found assorted plaid homespuns, to make it look all boyish. It's not like I am building a marininers compass or something, but a very simple pattern. As usual I sewed my sashing rows for the cross pieces, with the squares between. Then assembled the squares with the up and down sashings. Last night when I started pinning the rows together something wasn't matching up. Turns out I had one horizontal sashing that was an inch and a half too short. Fixed that this morning, after I scrubbed the floors, planning to finish the assembly and head outdoors to pull some weeds. Well, what do you know, the next row had the same problem. Fixed that, finally sewed all the rows together, and laid it out to look at it before I pressed it and added my borders. Wow, I had one square on its side! In the middle of the quilt, no less. Couldn't stand to leave it, so after fixing lunch, ripped that out( after I found my seam ripper, lost it in a heartbeat), turned it around and added the borders. Whew, then I ran outside. At about 3:00! But some days are like that, right?

Your day sounds like how ours is going, we are on the road RV'ing got up this morning ready to make the 2nd leg of our trip, guess what the trailer(5th wheel)hitch is broken,can't move the trailer. Of course it's sunday, so us 2 old fuddy duddies are working on removing the
broken part to take to a welder in the AM. sure happy we are in and RV park not WalMart parking lot they have WiFi:we work 20 minutes and rest an hour 72 and 77 years olds don't work fast.We also forgot our verzion air card at home ,having it mailed to my sister that we will visit as soon as the trailer hitch is fix.
Already 1st day out had to buy 2 new trailer tires, sure hope the job we think we are going to get in southern Cailfornia pans out with some$$$.
Your quilt sounds like it will be enjoyed, post a picture when it's done.
guess we aLL HAVE THOSE DAYS

Maire 06-03-2012 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkiris (Post 5260876)
[COLOR=#800080 Seems like the easier we think the task is, the more we goof up sometimes![/COLOR]

That statement needs to be made into a sampler & hung on the wall! Just don't hit your thumb with the hammer when you are pounding in the nail. LOL
Maire

Phannie1 06-03-2012 03:16 PM

I can get to sewing anything quickly but If I have to rip out; it will take me days to get it started. I hope to get back to sewing soon...

justflyingin 06-03-2012 03:23 PM

You are really disciplined to get all that housework in the midst of the troubles. I'd probably be spitting frustrated!

oldquilter 06-03-2012 07:12 PM

Ohhh, we are campers, too, and have had our share of woes, and repairs. Those are much more frustrating than quilting problems. Hope it all works out for you, take care.

oldquilter 06-03-2012 07:13 PM

Thanks, all

Thanks for all the sympathy, and I really think you all have pointed me in the right direction, shown me the error of my ways. The whole problem is the housework thing! Nuff said.LOL

MimiBug123 06-03-2012 08:20 PM

It's not too hard to get a cleaning lady, but I sure don't want a quilting lady in my house!!!

CAJAMK 06-04-2012 02:21 AM

You really need to priorities right...quilting first ...housework... last!!

Lavada 06-04-2012 02:42 AM

Days like that are common in our house someone always needs something and woe if i sit down to quilt

A1penny 06-04-2012 02:57 AM

No wonder my friend's quilts are all perfect..........she NEVER does housework!