Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sometimes they do listen... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sometimes-they-do-listen-t232020.html)

missgigglewings 10-08-2013 10:24 AM

Sometimes they do listen...

My daughter came over to pick up her son, Billy. He had spent the weekend with me...which he does a lot. He was going thru my stash looking for fabric for me to make a doll quilt for a friend's birthday. His mom said..."Are you teaching my son to quilt? He's a boy...teach him football"! My grandson, who is 10 years old, looked at her and said.."Don't you know about Ricky Tims"?

I laughed so hard...but I was proud of him!!

tessagin 10-08-2013 10:34 AM

Very cool and nothing wrong with teaching boys to sew, cook, clean and yes my boys are in their 30s and 40s and do all of that and probably better than I do. The oldest does game cooking. He harvests his own game to stock his freezer and fishes for bass, perch, crappe, and whatever else he can catch. He just got his first turkey a week ago. he said it wasn't big but would make the fixings for great soup this winter. So yeah! Great that your grandson was actually thinking of his friend. Atleast with quilting he won't get a concussion unless he would fall off his chair.

omacookie 10-08-2013 10:36 AM

I have a grown son that did my needlepoint when I put it down. Rosie Greer did needlepoint at that time. In my local guild we have 2 men that design and make quilts. I am proud of your GS. Hug him for me

barny 10-08-2013 10:38 AM

I have 2 sons. One is a reallly good cook and housekeeper. the other one is a good eater.LOL You never know. Husband helps with the dishes, etc. Nothing wrong with that.

ann clare 10-08-2013 11:08 AM

I like it. Cool !!!

charsuewilson 10-08-2013 11:16 AM

Continue showing him about quilting, and show him male quilters.

My husband started needlepoint. He hasn't finished his first project, but it's pretty big. It's cats in a boat fishing.

I agree with tessagin. All children should be taught to cook, clean and sew.

BarbaraTX 10-08-2013 11:35 AM

When my son was in high school, he wanted his t-shirt ironed. So I showed him how to iron. When he was in boot camp, the other soldiers would trade with him - he would iron their uniforms, and they would polish his boots, etc. He even irons better than his wife does!

momto5 10-08-2013 11:52 AM

Both my sons can do their own cooking, cleaning, ironing, washing clothes...and they can even repair an item of clothing. When asked why I was making them learn to do these things, I always told them it was so they could live on their own and not have to have someone else do it for them! Of note....both of them are WAY better cooks than I am...:)

julie 10-08-2013 12:42 PM

If your daughter wants him to learn football, she can teach him!

Tartan 10-08-2013 12:46 PM

Yeah mom, haven't you heard of Ricky Tims?:D