Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   sorry, lost my original thread (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sorry-lost-my-original-thread-t54380.html)

lazyquilter 07-13-2010 08:16 PM

I had been having problems using the sulky thread and no matter how, what or why, could not get it to stitch more then an inch before it broke. Well I had gotten some great advice from several of you on needles, and then I found the sulky primer which I posted as thread verus needle. Well bless you all.. I put the 90/14 needle in and the rest of the work worked like a charm. Thank you so very much. After that, I wasn't using the sulky today, but I was doing some embroidery work, one those really quick little pieces when someone's coming for a visit and you wanted to give them a little something.. well no matter what I was doing was wrong and I know my 630 inside and out.. well, popped the thread plate and the sulky thread was just fuzzed up and cluttered and I had to clean it all out. Done, still had a problem.. light bulb went off. little dim but it went off and I had the original needle, the 90/14 and in the bobbin the thread was not really the thread I should have been using for embroidery. So cleaned it out, changed the needle, did a rethread, double checked everything and proceeded to embroidery one adorable Bichon Puppy. Added a tiny border, used a tiny print backing, and used the inside out method of backing.
had some raffia stuck in the drawer someplace so make a sweet raffia bow with a little ring to hang it and just as my company was pulling up, I had just finished sewing a perfect button at the very bottom. I was so pleased with it. And even with the mistakes from the threads, blah, blah, she loved it. Her little Bichon, all 7 lbs of him, is 18 years old. I have a darling photo of him and I send it out to get a price on digitizing it for me as I would like to make something sweet for her. At 18 years old, this much loved little boy is actually 89 in people years. The vet said that considering his age, and the few things that are showing, he is doing very well. But Lynn did say, when Mr. Peepster decides he needs to go, she will make sure she will not hold him back regardless of how it will crush her. Since I have a fantastic picture of my son in full flight guard in the helicopter medivac when he was in Iraq, and I wanted to make him a very special gift, I thought might as well work on two of them for two very special people. So thanks to so many of you, I really was able to have a serious and more informative oppertunity to understand the meaning of small things that can ruin a nice project. Thank you all. Even the smallest thing can cause a problem.

sharon b 07-13-2010 08:32 PM

Glad you got it all worked out :thumbup:

To find a thread you have made, click on your name, go to topics created and scroll thru the list :thumbup:

Pam 07-13-2010 08:33 PM

I wish the very most wonderful things for your son and for your friend. well wishes are just that, hope for the future.

amma 07-13-2010 08:46 PM

I am so glad you got it all worked out, and that you got your project finished in time :D:D:D

Andy323 07-13-2010 08:51 PM

Don't you just love it when a plan comes together....LOL
(and God smiled....)
Andy

littlehud 07-14-2010 12:17 PM

What a wonderful little gift for your friend. You are so thoughtful.

sewgray 07-14-2010 12:42 PM

Somehow I just knew when I started reading your post it was a Bernina machine. I have two Bernina's and they will take any kind of thread except Sulky. Don't know why, they're just picky that way.

lazyquilter 07-14-2010 01:37 PM

yeah... sometimes we sacrafice one thing we don't anything about for something that we know absolutely nothing about ... but we always make work in the end......

Does Spelling count all the time?????

Blue