Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sorting my stash! ?!? How much is too much? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sorting-my-stash-how-much-too-much-t61620.html)

Aunt Doggie 08-27-2010 07:38 AM

Any fabric that you like the colors alot, why not cut into strips for rag rugs? You can crochet one in front of the tv in a few nights...

CAJAMK 08-27-2010 07:41 AM

Cathay, question some of my stash is smaller blocks pre-cut by others...can i sew the blocks together to make strips? then crochet?

Aunt Doggie 08-27-2010 07:54 AM

I don't see why not, a bunch of different fabric/colors would look cool, but seams are a little "lumpy" for lack of a better word! When crocheting, it is like going over a speed bump!
That is why I always cut the total length of fabric...

Let me know if you decide to do!!

I am working on one that the material was 50cents on red tag sale at JoAnns right now...bunch of yucky flowers, but colors are wonderful and it is turning out nice!

good luck!

icon17 08-27-2010 08:14 AM

Never toooo much :!: :!: And if you EVER think its too much it can come live at my house :!:

soleegirl 08-27-2010 08:27 AM

you can never have too much fabric. :)

sahm4605 08-27-2010 09:12 AM

I would deffinatly post some of your fabric on here and share with those who are not as blessed as you with lots of fabric. just go into the pay it forward and leave a post you can do it almost any way. people can pay postage or you can. you could also sell some of it real cheep so that you can then get something else nice with the money that you get from selling. it is really up to you how you want to shluff off some of the old fabric to make way for new. if you are unhappy with how much you have then feel better by sending it to a new home that will love it.

np3 08-27-2010 09:19 AM

I was up to 10 large totes when I retired last year. I started donating and selling those that I didn't think I would ever use, even though I still loved them.

I'm down to 7 totes now and starting back through them again. I get excited about them all over again and know I need to use them. If I don't get excited, it goes into a pile to be cycled out.

Char 08-27-2010 10:30 AM

Good idea! Thank you, Holice.

burnsk 08-27-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by Aunt Doggie
I am working on one that the material was 50cents on red tag sale at JoAnns right now...bunch of yucky flowers, but colors are wonderful and it is turning out nice!

good luck!

Do you have pictures? Would love to see what you are doing.

Mousie 08-27-2010 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by CAJAMK
I am taking the next few days to sort out quilting fabric, templates, threads, books, etc. I truly have no less that 9
huge totes filled with fabric alone that needs to be re-organized. I live in a tiny house and my sewing room is the dining room table. I am first getting all the totes unloaded and sorting by color except for Christmas, novelty, large backing fabric, scraps & childrens fabric. Then all others will just be sorted by color.
Anyway, any ideas on sorting are most welcome.
I have waaay too much fabric. Some is going to be donated to a local shelter or something.

what means: too much fabric. no comprehende :mrgreen: