Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Speaking of JoAn's (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/speaking-joans-t22079.html)

mjsylvstr 07-01-2009 04:06 AM

OOPS....it is DOWN to the shore...missed a typo key.........

bearpaw 07-01-2009 04:28 AM

Originally Posted by May in Jersey
For all you gals who miss The Shore, I'm going to take a deep breath of the salty air for you, enjoy a sausage sandwich from one of the stands and then later a creamy custard cone. Sure wish you could join me, May in Jersey

There was something about the salty air - after the long drive down the shore, getting out of the car and smelling the air. Ahhh, memories!!! :D

Ninnie 07-01-2009 05:13 AM

I live in the middle of NC and have never been to a Joanne's or even seen one. are they only in certain parts of the country?

NY Nancy 07-01-2009 05:39 AM

For what it's worth... I haven't heard that any of the Jo-Ann's in NY are closing. We did have one local store that closed last year; there are still three more nearby.

amandasgramma 07-01-2009 05:46 AM

Gosh, I hope they don't close ours!!!! It's the ONLY place you can buy things like zippers! We have a Hancock's but it's pathetically small and doesn't carry hardly anything. wow! [[[Pray]]]

Charleen DiSante 07-02-2009 07:32 AM

Hi, could you send me the URL on that announcement?

sheliab12 07-02-2009 07:44 AM

I did see they are in Chapter 11. But then who isn't in this economy

wisconsin 07-02-2009 07:45 AM

Oh, I sure hope not. Ours just opened and they sure do a business.
We waited a long time for one again. There was one about 20years ago and that went out and now is back.
mej in WI

Charleen DiSante 07-02-2009 07:47 AM

Are you talking about Joann Fabric and Craft Store or another Joann's? About a year ago it ws erroneously reported on chennel 5 (Boston area) that one of the stores was closing and it wasn't. Where is it stated that Joann's is in chapter 11? Is that what you meant/ Their stocks are near $20 and they keep opening stores.

mrs. fitz 07-02-2009 08:03 AM

Another "Jersey Girl" checking in. I'm in Hudson County (Giants Stadium, Lincoln Tunnel to NY) and we have NOTHING. The closest Joann's is about an hour away. Friends and I have written suggesting this would be a good area for a new store, especially following the closing of Rag Shop. There were 3 in our area and they were always busy. We all got the same response -- they are concentrating on areas where there is no Walmart fabric department. Well the local Walmart stopped carrying fabric and sewing supplies and still nothing from Joanns.

Someone mentioned a nice LQS in River Edge. It's "COZY QUILT SHOP" on Kinderkamack Rd. just off Rte 4. It's excellent, but of course a LQS can't carry every notion, including non-quilting ones, so there is still a need for a store which addresses the needs of all sewers, not just quilters.

Wish you all a Happy 4th, and wish I were going DOWN THE SHORE!!!