Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Specific explanation, please. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/specific-explanation-please-t276147.html)

lynn_z 02-27-2016 11:34 AM

I have no place at home that will handle all my stuff. I have to partner with my bedroom these days..no more sewing room and basement. I do give away a lot have never thought of not finishing something I started except for the one I can't find the pattern for and the pieces don't make sense...haha

lynn_z 02-27-2016 11:36 AM

He got stuck a couple of times with pins and didn't like it much apparently. He always gives in but I'm more careful about leaving pinned things around.

lynn_z 02-27-2016 11:37 AM

Yours is my favorite answer....constantly get sidetracked with new things.

Aurora 02-28-2016 05:26 AM

Sorry, I don't understand how your son has a say about your quilting. I would find someone else to get them for me. What does your age have to do with anything? Keeping busy and active is good for us.

klswift 02-28-2016 08:16 AM

I usually describe it as an unfinished project that you will very likely never go back to! Or at least, will only go back to kicking and screaming! I find that the reason for this is because that project became work instead of fun. This can happen for many reasons, you hit a real design problem, the colors aren't working right, your blocks are not coming together - it just isn't right. We usually quilt because we want to, when we have to work on something or force ourselves to work on it, it isn't worth it. So it goes on a shelf. There are so many projects we still really want to do and time is limited.

sparkys_mom 02-28-2016 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by ckcowl (Post 7477857)
UFO stands for " unfinished object" so, any project that has been set aside unfinished is a ufo. There are lots of other acronyms used -- wip-- work in progress, is another popular one.

I like to think that a WIP is just that ... in progress. :D I have plenty of UFOs.

quiltingbuddy 02-28-2016 02:44 PM

I think I could have more UFOs than anyone might imagine if I had more time for quilting but it's hard to find enough time so I try really hard not to get distracted and start too many projects at the same time. This forces me to finish what I start. That said I have 3 or 4 projects going at the same time almost always. Right now I have 3 going but one is a project started by someone else and is not my vision. I don't know if I will actually get back to it or not in reality. What keeps me holding on to it is that it is a cool applique project and it's got a good start to it. I keep hoping I'll want to work on it again some day. After I finish the one I started that needs an applique border. My work definitely comes first lol.

just_the_scraps_m'am 02-28-2016 09:31 PM

well now, wasn't this thread an eye opener!!!!! i really enjoyed all your views on UFOs
i'm really glad you all have cleared this up [clear as mud for me] All along i thought i had enough UFOs and now i find that because they're pieced, {just not quilted!}they're really NOT UFO's!!!
wow, that means i CAN start sewing again!!! woohoo!!!! Life just got sooooo much better --