Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Spend too much time cruising this board instead of quilting (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/spend-too-much-time-cruising-board-instead-quilting-t180886.html)

SouthPStitches 02-29-2012 03:55 PM

If I spent as much time actually quilting as I do on QB, I'd be accomplishing great things. Have been quilting for 30+ years but I learn something each and every day from QB. For me, it's checking in with friends every day and friends trump fabric. I think of it as time well spent.

fireworkslover 02-29-2012 04:20 PM

Yah, me too. Today it was figuring out what colors of dye and fabric paint to order from which of 2 companies, that ate up many hours of my day. Tomorrow I'll be Snow Dyeing, then Quilt Guild meeting in the evening...

sbk1962 02-29-2012 04:45 PM

I used to spend a lot of time on here until they changed it, now I just don't enjoy it very much. I would much rather spend my time actually making things and find I get much more accomplished. I'm on the computer all day at work so it's really easy for me to stay away.

trolleystation 02-29-2012 04:58 PM

This site is extremely addictive.

Jackie R 02-29-2012 05:16 PM

I used to spend a lot more time on the old board but not on this new board. I still don't like this set up as much as the old board and just never got as comfortable using this new one. Maybe I just need more time.

Rubesgirl 02-29-2012 05:39 PM

Guilty as charged! It's just too much fun to see all the projects and read all the comments. :-)

CAS49OR 02-29-2012 05:40 PM

I love this site, read it all the time, subscribe to daily updates. I remember when people were upset about the change. I knew we'd make the transition. btw, I'm a newbie to quilting, but recognize a great site and wonderful people when I see them.

jeanharville 02-29-2012 06:10 PM

I spend hours on here each day too. I follow too many links, play too many You Tube tutorials, read most of the replies to the threads. By that time hours have passed and no sewing has been done. I tell myself that I'm learning new things, but I'm afraid it maybe procrastination to working on my own projects.

burchquilts 02-29-2012 06:46 PM

I'm a newbie so I thought it was just a newbie thing... LOL! I just kinda get lost in all the various areas... pictures, links... & I haven't even started on the tutorials! Yikes! My sewing room looks like a bomb went off in it & I need to get off my 'puter & get that baby cleaned up so I can actually do some sewing!

Sharbank 02-29-2012 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by jcrow (Post 5013021)
Yesterday I grabbed a cup of coffee and sat down at my computer and went right to The Quilting Board to check it out. I do this every morning, first thing. I planned on spending 1/2 hour here and then sew for a few hours and then go grocery shopping for dinner. Well, after cruising around here, I looked at the clock and it was 2 pm. 2pm!!! I spent 6 hours on this site (my favorite by the way). So I had to shower and run to town and come home and cook dinner. No sewing done at all. Does anyone else spend hours on this site? It's so addictive to me. I love the main section and the tutorials. Today I am spending one hour and then going to sew (hopefully). I just love the fellowship of this site and all the helpful people. It's like a "big family" here. So, does anyone else stay on this site for hours at a time?

I spend way too many hours on this board. Everyday I find more and more information. My brain is running over with wonderful ideas....but no time to do them....maybe we should start a 12 step process to manage our online time. :) I am with you, the fellowship on this site is the best. Everyone is helpful, great support and ideas. Love it!!