Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   spoonflower.com digital printing service? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/spoonflower-com-digital-printing-service-t240744.html)

JNCT14 02-09-2014 04:06 PM

spoonflower.com digital printing service?

Has anyone tried this service yet? Apparently you can upload a design, specify the repeat, and they will print the fabric. Its a bit pricey at $16.00/yd but sounds neat if you want a very personalized item. They have several fabrics to choose from along with wrapping paper, wallpaper, etc. I would love to see pics from anyone who has tried it!

Jo C 02-09-2014 04:20 PM

I haven't tried them, but they are right down the road from me in Durham, NC. They are pretty active in contributing to the community and just moved into a new space. Seems like a cool company.

Onebyone 02-09-2014 05:11 PM

My guild has canvas totes screen printed with the guild name, logo picture and motto. I had spoonflower print the guild colors and picture logo on silk so I could make a scarf to tie on the handle. It took the tote from average to classy. I was pleased. If I wanted custom prints I would use them again.

QuiltnNan 02-09-2014 08:44 PM

my sister has used them with very good results

stillclock 02-09-2014 09:17 PM

i LOVE this company.

aileen

gale 02-09-2014 10:24 PM

I thought about getting some labels printed, but when I did some searching about washability, some had significant fading when washing in warm or hot water. I don't want to worry about what temp people wash quilts in (some I have made are baby quilts and sometimes you just have to wash a baby quilt in hot water) so I decided not to get it.

ckcowl 02-10-2014 02:59 AM

started turning to 'spoonflower' about 10 years ago when the local quilt shop I was helping out with decided to design their own fabric for an upcoming shop hop- been turning to them for custom fabrics every since. it is fun to play around with pictures and design your own fabrics- and you can get some pretty good prices if you are purchasing more than a yard or 2. great, fun site.

soccertxi 02-10-2014 06:26 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I just took two EQ7 classes at the AQS show in Phoenix. The teacher gave us a sampler pack of the diff types of fabric they offer. She uses Spoonflower alot. I liked that you have lots of options for diff types of fabric- from quilting cottons to canvas to knits and silk.

Just another option: I needed a police patch printed on fabric and wanted it larger than what I could print in my printer. I sent the JPEG file to www.fotosonfabric.com and told her what size I wanted the medallion to be (with fabric around so i could fussy cut.) In a week I had it in the mail. Fabric has a wonderful hand and the colors were good. This was 15 x 18 (I think...don't quote me on the size) and she charged me $10 for the printing and a $1 for shipping. Here is a picture of the medallion quilted.

Not affliated with the company, just a happy customer

www.fotosonfabric.com

Pennyhal 02-10-2014 10:17 AM

I had corgi fabric made by them. Had great results!

ManiacQuilter2 02-10-2014 12:50 PM

This is great information to keep on file. Thanks for all the posts !!!