Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sporadic quilter! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sporadic-quilter-t212868.html)

barny 02-03-2013 02:30 PM

I also go in streaks. I'm that way with my house, my quilts, my cooking, my computer etc. LOL why not. If I go the other way, it becomes a job. I just left upstairs looking for binding material. I just turned off the light and came down and am on this machine. Gonna watch football and maybe nap along. I'm 83, why can't I?

Jingle 02-03-2013 05:11 PM

I am very disciplined I totally finish a quilt before starting another.

Suze9395 02-03-2013 05:47 PM

There are times I am very productive and then times when I allow the heaviness of life to interfere with my quilting. I generally do a good job of finishing projects. Although, the one I am working on right now should have been done last November. It is for a coworker who went out on disability for ALS. It makes me sad, and I refuse to work on it sad. Hope and Love only...no sadness!

Rose Marie 02-04-2013 05:41 AM

I get distracted when I see a quilt I want to make. Then I drop everything else and start a new one. Lots of unfinished quilts in my sewing room.

Murphy1 02-04-2013 07:15 AM

I think I am ADD late in life. I love quilting and the many paths it has taken me. I have even set a goal this year to learn to appliqué - then I get side tracked and now want to make cathedral window pincushions for Valentine gifts. I also have some potholders that are perfect for Valentine's Day that need to be finished and mailed this week, oh wait I have this cute lattice quilt and all its strips sorted on the table - will it never end.

DawnFurlong 02-04-2013 08:21 AM

Yep - that's me - a sporadic, mood quilter!!! My attention is easily caught by this and that. I could look at website after website of design ideas and such, get inspired by Bonnie Hunter and scrappy quilting (I did get a lot of my fabric sorted into bins), etc. - rather than spending time quilting. I get pulled in so many directions as to what I want to do - that I then do nothing! As I don't want to have multiple projects around that need to be finished, I normally do not have more than 2 projects going at once. Right now I have a tumbler lap quilt that is about 2/3rds of the way quilted, and I have the squares ready to put together for another lap quilt (x's and o's pattern from Missouri Star Quilt). That one is scrappy - my first. ;)

I am semi in the mood to get back in my sewing room again, and actually got my sewing machine set up for FMQing on my tumbler quilt. Hopefully soon!

ghquilter53 02-05-2013 04:40 AM

Even knowing we are moving from Michigan to Nevada this next year has not stopped me from starting new projects. I keep replacing what I sold with more. I have refrained from buying books and patterns...so far anyway!!!

Sandy65 02-05-2013 05:10 AM

My problem is I want to make about everything I see. So I get that started and before I know it I have put it in a plastic bag for later. New project has come along.

Raggiemom 02-05-2013 05:34 AM

I think that's just the nature of many of us. There's nothing wrong with quilting when you feel like it and doing other stuff when you don't. Unless you have a deadline for something that absolutely has to be done! :) As for all your projects you have you want to do, who knows, you may surprise yourself and finish all of them :)

Abby'smom 02-05-2013 06:43 AM

:) yeah, I hear you!! I have the same problem!!