Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   stash control (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-control-t183296.html)

chairjogger 03-18-2012 07:08 PM

stash control

Trying to downsize the area my stash takes up..I have found three walking "feet", one of two Big Foot free motion darning foot that I know I own..enough brand new machine needles to sew a year, multiple thimbles-including jelly thimbles, seam rippers, 4 rolls blue paint tape....And thread...Lots and Lots of new spools of thread... i have not started into the fabric yet! Going to be a long nonsewing day tomorrow.

alikat110 03-18-2012 07:09 PM

How much fun is that!!!! It'll be like Christmas!

orangeroom 03-18-2012 07:14 PM

The best way to downsize the space your stash takes up is to make scrappy quilts. I recently finished a top and figured out that it used 9 yards of material. Doesn't even look like it put a dent in my stash. Almost all of my fabric is in a 6' tall (by 3' wide) cabinet. I really want to go on a spring shop hop, but will most likely not go, as I have plenty of fabric.

chairjogger 03-18-2012 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by alikat110 (Post 5071939)
How much fun is that!!!! It'll be like Christmas!

yes it is like Christmas !

chairjogger 03-18-2012 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by orangeroom (Post 5071945)
The best way to downsize the space your stash takes up is to make scrappy quilts. I recently finished a top and figured out that it used 9 yards of material. Doesn't even look like it put a dent in my stash. Almost all of my fabric is in a 6' tall (by 3' wide) cabinet. I really want to go on a spring shop hop, but will most likely not go, as I have plenty of fabric.

What a great idea, A jelly cupboard! Thank you!

QuiltnLady1 03-18-2012 07:56 PM

I found several duplicate rulers when I started organizing -- so I put the dups in my class kit.

chairjogger 03-18-2012 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnLady1 (Post 5072040)
I found several duplicate rulers when I started organizing -- so I put the dups in my class kit.

great idea..yes, my duplicate ruler seems to be the dresden three of those. :-/

cherrio 03-18-2012 08:03 PM

wow, everything I have , except my machine, now fits into a rubbermaid tub. My sister has even less so she shops my stash. I'm thinking my sister needs to be shown what a stash really is. lol

chairjogger 03-18-2012 08:08 PM

Originally Posted by cherrio (Post 5072058)
wow, everything I have , except my machine, now fits into a rubbermaid tub. My sister has even less so she shops my stash. I'm thinking my sister needs to be shown what a stash really is. lol

I have a few rubbermaid tubs..Have served me well..I miss the facebook like button. :0)

dunster 03-19-2012 05:17 AM

If you find my 2nd pair of reading glasses while you're straightening things up, let me know. I've been looking all over for them.