Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stash (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-t214223.html)

owlvamp 02-20-2013 04:15 AM

That's funny.

Diana Lea 02-20-2013 05:44 AM

We had only been married a year when we moved from Ohio to Indiana. I just started buying fabric again. DH says whats in that tote, fabric, and that tote, fabric, and is there fabric in that tote, no that has my sewing notion. He then replied you do not need all that fabric do you? Yes just like you need all those screw drivers. He then smiled and gave me a nice kiss. I am new to quilting and love this board.

fabricfairy 02-20-2013 05:59 AM

My husband usually comes and asked if we are eating today.... or is
just a fabric day...which means "I am hungry and its after 2pm way past lunch time ".
I like the idea of doing a quilt out of his old uniforms , he spent 37 years in the Army
so we have a stach of uniforms . Cathy

Emma S 02-20-2013 06:54 AM

I have a theory that chaos is the natural state of my stash. Sure I can organize it but it will always revert back. So unless I want to play with my fabric I leave it in its natural state. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

gramarraine 02-20-2013 07:16 AM

My hubby used to complain about my fabric collection but the past few years he just says what fabric store do you need to go to today? Then he sits in the car and waits while I shop. When I tell him I will hurry he just says take your time I am going to take a nap. Then I sit in the car while he shops for tractor parts for the tractor he is restoring. We have a pretty good system.

dingle525 02-20-2013 08:12 AM

When my husband "interrupts" my sewing and asks whats for supper - I tell him "whatever you want to cook - or - whatever you want to buy" just let me know when it's ready.

Dingle

MargeD 02-20-2013 11:44 AM

Oh where or where did you find that gem of a husband? We just celebrated our 44th wedding anniversary and about the only thing my husband will cook is rice and an occasional frozen dinner. Guess I didn't train him right, however, my son learned to cook and does his share of cooking. My husband's aunt tried to tell him when we were first married that if I was going to be working too, he should learn to cook, as I would be just as tired as he was at the end of the day. Unfortunately, it didn't work, so I tried to make sure my son learned to cook and he actually likes it, and I know Jen appreciates it, as she isn't fond of cooking, so they cook together.

mhollifiel 02-20-2013 12:03 PM

DH has been following this thread with me and we've had some good laughs. He's very patient and very generous but when his tummy rumbles, it's time to start shaking pans. He said he'd be happy to run out to the local Chinese take-out anytime and nevermind that he passes a strip club on the way! LOL! He'd die in a pile if someone drug him into such a place!!
He's also fantastic about my stash which is why there's a nice boat (currently in the shop for maintenance) with his name on the title! When he takes She Worthy out fishing, I can cut up and piece like a crazy woman! Love my guy!

bunbytes 02-20-2013 12:22 PM

Oh, Twinkle, I have have you so beat. As I've posted before, I have fabric out the whazoo in my messy sewing room and large, deep IKEA shelves on two wall of our bedroom, half of which is more fabric. I consider my addiction to fabric a good addiction. 1. When I buy more fabric, I'm buying potential creativity for future projects. 2. I don't have to rob homes or mug people to pay for it. 3. There are no physical side effects (except for wild eyes when I see sooo much fabric on sale). 4. Fabric does cause my body to excrete any toxins, nor does it make me any crazier than I already am. This sounds like a win-win situation for me.

Vicki I 02-20-2013 12:28 PM

I retired last March, bought a HandiQuilter Fusion and have been furiously reducing my stash ever since. I am making progress. It is very sad to see the piles get smaller. I'm going to have to replenish at some point Although I have been told I could quilt for the rest of my life, never buy fabric and still not run out. I know some quilters just buy for each quilt they plan to make, I don't get it, if it's beautiful shouldn't you be allowed a couple of yards of it? You will use it eventually, right?