Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stash vs. life expectancy... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stash-vs-life-expectancy-t25029.html)

Favorite Fabrics 09-04-2009 07:05 AM

I learned a new acronym: SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy).

It's a terrible question to ask, but... do you think you'll live long enough to use up your stash?

(For me... the answer is no; it's a deep fear of sitting around with nothing to do...)

Ninnie 09-04-2009 07:09 AM

I try not to think about it!! :shock: :shock:

so much fabric , so little time. :roll: :roll: :roll:

And yet I must have MORE!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

You know they make new prints every day! :D :D
So, I guess I'll just keep buying! 8) 8)

Adriane 09-04-2009 07:09 AM

I have a mildly dark/dry sense of humor...so this is a good question. I am 28 - I hope to live to be 80+! However, if I keep accumulating fabric at this rate, I'll need storage space to hold it all.

CajunQuilter2 09-04-2009 07:27 AM

My secret is to keep buying so that I can't outlive it :D :D

bearisgray 09-04-2009 07:30 AM

oh, my - maybe if I live to be about 3000 years old and don't buy any more ???

k3n 09-04-2009 08:13 AM

LOL BIG! :lol:

My soon-to-be-five year old daughter asked me a while back 'Mummy, when will you be dead?' So I thought awwwh bless her, poor little thing, probably kids at school have been talking and now she's worried about losing me. So I said 'Oh don't worry sweetheart, not for ages, until you're a big, grown up lady!' So she looks me in the eye and says 'Oh; But Mummy, when you ARE dead, can I have all your fabric and sewing stuff?' Kids, eh,! :lol: Still, at least I've got an excuse to keep stash building for her inheritance. :mrgreen:

amma 09-04-2009 08:26 AM

I have not really thought a lot about how much of my stash I may leave behind....but I am hoping to leave a really messy sewing room...as kind of a payback for all of the times I have had to pick up after my kids and grandkids LMBO

b.zang 09-04-2009 08:37 AM

Not outliving one's stash could very well mean that somebody will get good deals at an estate sale, as I recently did.

Is it possible to actually use up stash??? Every time I think I'm going to make a quilt from just stash I always need to go buy something to supplement what I have. Then, once in the store, well........... :)

I think about what my stash will say about me when I'm no longer around to speak for myself :-)

Bevanger 09-04-2009 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by Favorite Fabrics
I learned a new acronym: SABLE (Stash Accumulation Beyond Life Expectancy).

It's a terrible question to ask, but... do you think you'll live long enough to use up your stash?

(For me... the answer is no; it's a deep fear of sitting around with nothing to do...)

Scary Thought huh? I figure once my stash is gone, thats it for my sewing for a long time.. :(

Mamaskeeto 09-04-2009 08:40 AM

I have a huge stash and still buy more, every time I'm in the LQS there is something new. I'm sure when I pass on my daughter (only child) is going to roll her eyes when she has to clean out my sewing room. If I could just quilt 24/7 maybe I could make a dent in it. LOL