Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Still laughing - got to (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/still-laughing-got-t41345.html)

QuiltingGrannie 03-31-2010 05:15 PM

O.k, so the other day I had hung my log cabin quilted wall hanging above our sofa and my DH didn't notice it at all until he saw the fb posting of it.
THEN he says we need pillows. I ask him what kind of pillows and he says Throw pillows.
I look at him and tell him "we don't have throw pillows because you don't like throw pillows. Since when do you like throw pillows?"
"3/29/10" is his answer. He says he wants them so he has something to lay his head on when he sits back in the recliner part of our sofa (the one under our wall hanging, ;) )

SOOOOO.... today I made two throw pillows. One side with fabric that matches our sofa, the other side with fabric that is in the wall hanging, just strips of the various fabrics. I used a piping on the edges and they look nice.
I sat them on the sofa right where he sits so he CAN"T MISS THEM.
He comes home we go to eat supper on the sofa, he moves the pillows out of his way, and starts to sit down.

I say, "We have throw pillows now".
He looks at the pillows that he has just moved and says , "Sure enough, I didn't even notice."
I just shook my head and am still laughing!

Truly gotta love him!

jetnica 03-31-2010 05:19 PM

that's classic!!!
:D

DebraK 03-31-2010 05:32 PM

I'd have smacked him with one ;-)

mosquitosewgirl 03-31-2010 05:39 PM

Too funny...and typical.

amma 03-31-2010 05:39 PM

I'd have smacked him with one in each hand LMBO

Jim's Gem 03-31-2010 05:40 PM

MEN!!!

Ya gotta love them

marsye 03-31-2010 05:51 PM

POW!!!!!!

raptureready 03-31-2010 06:00 PM

That's too funny and just like a man! And you're right, you just have to laugh.

My DH was getting on me about something several years ago and my mother told him to lay off that it was just mood swings due to menopause. He did and after a day or two the moods left. The following month the same thing happened and when I said, "Just ignore me, it's menopause." He said, "MENOPAUSE!!! I thought you got over that last month." I looked him in the eye and very seriously said, "That statement is considered justifiable homicide in all 50 states and several foreign countries---you get away from me and do it right now!"
I'm so happy I'm over that--wasn't sure he or I either one would survive it.

mom-6 03-31-2010 06:06 PM

A friend of mine has figured out the reason guys are soooo...dense...it is a genetic problem called MIG...Male Idiot Gene!!!

raptureready 03-31-2010 06:11 PM

My husband was sent a utube thing last night that was some man explaining the differences between male brains and women brains. He said that men had boxes for everything and none of the boxes ever touched another box. They also have a NOTHING box for watching boring sports, doing monotonous tasks, etc. Women brains are made of wires and EVERYTHING was connected to everything else. It was a pretty funny video.