Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stock the quilt store....ideas welcome! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stock-quilt-store-ideas-welcome-t110636.html)

TonnieLoree 03-27-2011 04:39 PM

First of all, you need to hire me! I am experienced in quilting and clothing construction, and can read a pattern. I think I'm fun and would be a credit to your business. I am a leader, keeping in mind that the team members are equally important in running a successful business. Many of my former jobs required customer service skills beyond what is considered acceptable. So, when may I start? Shall I send a resume? Do you like cats?

Wish I could be serious about this, but working in another fabric store would be the ultimate job to return to. I guess I'll try any angle to get my foot in some door without it getting slammed in my face. :-)

Best wishes for a successful business!

sewer 55 03-27-2011 08:01 PM

Let's have a lot of patterns. Right now I have been looking for patterns for table runners for Easter and have not been able to find any. And, please have fabric for the special days of the year: St. Patrick's Day, Valentine's Day, etc. There is always fabric for Thanksgiving and Christmas, but not for the other holidays of the year.

Dolphyngyrl 03-27-2011 08:45 PM

lots of patterns, and fabrics, also handy tools. I also find that sometimes I want kits for my patterns, but there are none, so i would say kits for popular patterns. A wide array of classes in different techniques too. Friendly and helpful staff is most important. I feel that my LQS is like a family, they know your name, ask about my little girl, your not just another customer to them. I think that is what keeps me going back

Annya 03-28-2011 01:29 AM

I would like to see embroidery cottons with the names on them that appear in your embroidery machine like Begonia,cranberry. soft marble,opal blue and many others. I don't always use the nylon cottons but would like a variety of even plain cottons with similar names so I know what I have to use for flowers or animals etc.
Maybe a color list showing the cottons even ones you can take home.

SandyQuilter 03-28-2011 06:46 AM

Clover products. Haven't found one item that didn't work as advertised.

Creative Grid rulers--best on the market1

Sandy

jdeery 03-28-2011 08:44 AM

One idea I had, was having a small corner of the store with a couch/chairs and lots of old quilt mag. to look through...calling
it the creative coffee corner, and have coffee and tea available.

Also a little spot that if someone has small kids they can have
a spot to play for a little, that has a little gate (so they can't
escape).

quiltyfeelings 03-28-2011 03:21 PM

If I ever opened a quilt shop,I'd plan a "man corner!" A minimum of 3 recliners with a small television locked on the history channel or espn! On the endtables between the 3 chairs, I'd have copies of HotRod magazine or Outdoor Life or Hunting, etc... In the other corner, I'd have a wall/fence built up about 3 feet with no entrance. This area would be stocked with toys, etc. Moms can see over, kids can't get out without being picked up!!! By having a man corner and a kid corner,women should be able to shop UNINTERRUPTED (and that promotes sales!)...
:) laura

TonnieLoree 03-28-2011 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by quiltyfeelings
If I ever opened a quilt shop,I'd plan a "man corner!" A minimum of 3 recliners with a small television locked on the history channel or espn! On the endtables between the 3 chairs, I'd have copies of HotRod magazine or Outdoor Life or Hunting, etc... In the other corner, I'd have a wall/fence built up about 3 feet with no entrance. This area would be stocked with toys, etc. Moms can see over, kids can't get out without being picked up!!! By having a man corner and a kid corner,women should be able to shop UNINTERRUPTED (and that promotes sales!)...
:) laura

Now, that's an idea :idea:

jdeery 03-29-2011 03:59 AM

Wonderful idea! There was one quilt shop I went to they
had a big porch on the front with rockers and chairs for
the men to sit.

tigger5464 04-02-2011 11:52 PM

Please do keep us informed as to when you will open. I am only about 20 minutes north east of you and can't wait :)