Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Storing the Cutting Rulers (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/storing-cutting-rulers-t157396.html)

rusty quilter 10-03-2011 05:06 PM

I use a standing file folder holder. Perfect for separating different sizes.

cherrio 10-03-2011 05:10 PM

I have a large leather, (briefcase size) pouch that all but the largest of my squares fit into. even the 24 in (with a handle/grip) stands up in there. a smaller cloth pouch inside of it holds the 2 in and a few small template/rulers

Quiltgranny 10-03-2011 05:14 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's how I've stored different sized rulers in my sewing room. The larger ones hang on the wall with 3M Command hooks, the smaller square ones are in the ruler rack on the left side of my cutting table and the triangles and other odd sized ones are in the basket on the table. I keep the 18 and 24" rulers hung on the side of the bookcase to my right.

Hope this helps,

Cutting table and ruler storage
[ATTACH=CONFIG]266032[/ATTACH]

Oksewnsew 10-03-2011 07:29 PM

I've not read ALL the posts but besides using just a regular letter holder from Staples, I use skirt hangers. The clips are rubberized so won't scratch the rulers and they are really easy to access.

J

Originally Posted by babyquiltlady
I am rearranging my sewing room now that I have a new storage cupboard for my material.

The cutting rulers are always an issue. Give me some great ideas of where I might keep the rulers?

RugosaB 10-03-2011 08:25 PM

2 Attachment(s)
My husband put hooks on the side of my sewing cabinet, so they hang there. Out of the way, but easily accessible

whitediamond00 10-03-2011 08:39 PM

Where did you get the racks for your rulers?

fred liniger 10-03-2011 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by babyquiltlady
I am rearranging my sewing room now that I have a new storage cupboard for my material.

The cutting rulers are always an issue. Give me some great ideas of where I might keep the rulers?

I use double sided tape and peg board on back of sewing room door. when open nobody see's them. Out if sight out mind. close to machine and cutting table , just in reach. Have a thread rack back there to. Nice!!!!!!!!!!!

Hot melt keep pegs in place, on back side.

mjhaess 10-04-2011 05:45 AM

I purchased two large rings in the quilting section at Wall-Mart. They are designed to organize your rulers. They have a hanger on the top so you can hang them up. I have mine in the closet. I also purchased one for my hoops and it works great.

Rose Marie 10-04-2011 06:24 AM

katcox- Its a large S hook but to thick for rulers. You could get smaller ones but then would not fit over the closet rod.

DonnaB 10-04-2011 01:59 PM

2 Attachment(s)
I used the back of the studio door, to hang my rulers and other quilting supplies including some patterns. We didn't have any peg board so used a piece of old paneling with long screws. Hope you don't mind seeing this picture again, for those who have. The pic. also shows my stash stored behind sliding mirror doors.