Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   String Quilts- Ill show you mine, will you show me yours? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/string-quilts-ill-show-you-mine-will-you-show-me-yours-t187228.html)

SuzyQ 04-26-2012 11:57 AM

They all look great! I love scrappy string quilts

Suzy

Threadbanger 04-26-2012 02:15 PM

All these quilts are amazing! This will go on my to-do list for sure!

Sweeterthanwine 04-26-2012 02:23 PM

All of these quilts are just gorgeous. Amazing what a few strings put together can look like. I hope to make one someday.

burchquilts 04-26-2012 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by luvTooQuilt (Post 5171253)
Im off to tackle the basket of strings ive accumulated... For me String Blocks are a no fuss, no stress block- just grab a string and sew ! So when im in the mood to sew but not in the mood to cut Ill grab my basket and off I go....

Here's one i made for my big brother... He keeps hinting he wants another.. lol. We'll see if he gets another, I have to make the normal 'one or everyone' first before he can have seconds.. lol..

Pattern: None, just something i came up with
Fabrics: strings from the scrap strings basket
Quilting: all over meander
Size: aprox 10inch blocks (i think)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]330654[/ATTACH]

Ooooooooooooh, Luv... I love it (how corny!). I keep thinking i'll make osme string blocks because Mary over at maryquilts collects RWB ones to sew into QOV's. Oh... now that I think about it... I have made a couple of these eons ago. But mine didn't look nearly as nice as yours. Hey... will you adopt me so I'll be next in line for one???

burchquilts 04-26-2012 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by Peckish (Post 5171861)
Here's mine.
I didn't use scraps, I cut different size strips all WOF.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]330686[/ATTACH]

Oooooooooooooh... that's awesome! I need to make one like that! Thanks for sharing!

fred singer 04-26-2012 02:40 PM

wow your request was honored you have more string quilt pictures.

burchquilts 04-26-2012 02:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's one a friend of mine made a couple of years ago. She wasn't too crazy about it but I love love love it!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]330811[/ATTACH]

Wintersewer 04-26-2012 04:01 PM

Oh I love these string quilts!! I have made many many of them....and soooo easy!!

Wintersewer 04-26-2012 04:03 PM

Scissor Queen....beautiful quilt!!!!

Originally Posted by Scissor Queen (Post 5171428)
I made two of these. I don't remember exactly when I made them but it was at least 5 years ago. I pieced on newspaper squares and made half of the blocks all dark and half all white and then cut them on the diagonal and put them back together.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]330661[/ATTACH]

cassiemae 04-26-2012 04:26 PM

Lovely quilts I have made two string quilts and when I get the quilt done I am on I plan on making another one they
are so easy to make. I have a lot of strips of fabric to use up. You did a good job on your quilts.