Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stroll down memory lane (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stroll-down-memory-lane-t36299.html)

Pickles 02-09-2010 11:17 PM

Your memories brought tears to my eyes, it is so wonderful that will do something with her fabric pieces and I'm sure she
will be watching and smiling with pride. You where and still are a sweet grandson to her.

cande 02-10-2010 06:32 AM

What a touching tribute to the women in your life. Your quilt will be a great source of comfort, it will be like having their arms around you.

Your post made my eyes tear up at the same time my mouth smiled.

AnnaK 02-10-2010 12:58 PM

Darren, you're a dear!

Oklahoma Suzie 02-10-2010 01:21 PM

What a wonderful post, thanks for sharing with us.

Oklahoma Suzie 02-10-2010 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by cande
What a touching tribute to the women in your life. Your quilt will be a great source of comfort, it will be like having their arms around you.

Your post made my eyes tear up at the same time my mouth smiled.

my eyes teared too.

Ellie 02-11-2010 03:36 AM

The first quilts I made for my grandchildren incorporated fabrics that I had been accumulating for many years. Some had been shirts, blouses, aprons, curtains, etc. from my mother, grand mother and my own children's clothing when they were young. With each quilt, I enclosed a letter indicating were each of those treasured fabrics had come from so, even when the quilt became threadbare, they would still have a link to the past.
You indeed have a treasure and I am sure you and your wife will do them proud. Good luck to you in keeping those memories alive in whatever keepsakes you make.

brendadawg 02-12-2010 07:24 AM

Thank you for sharing that beautiful story.

Marcia 02-12-2010 07:32 AM

What a wonderful story---you write so well I could almost smell your papaw's pipe too!

RedGarnet222 02-12-2010 08:59 AM

This is so endearing to read, darin. Your story brought tears to my eyes and many memories streamed in about my grandmother's quilts.

I hope you share your quilt blocks as you put it all together. We would like to see all those lovely pieces come together into your treasured memory quilt.

Mousie 02-12-2010 09:10 AM

When I read a story, so many times, especially if it is very descriptive, I am right "there".
You have that gift of pen, or type, lol ;)
Thank you for taking us all on your stroll. It was lovely to hear all about your granny and the fabrics and your aunts, grandpa's pipe...everything.
You made it so real for us.
I was so hoping for a while that you were going to say you found the quilt in amongst the fabrics, but maybe you could ask your mom if you could take a picture of it, and even though it will have wear, maybe one day, it will still be yours.
When you and your wife make one, just know that one of your children or grandchildren is going to feel the same way about it :-D