Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Struggling with fabric choices.... Mom's 90th quilt HELP! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/struggling-fabric-choices-moms-90th-quilt-help-t266711.html)

Monale 06-22-2015 02:01 PM

I like the left side, the pale pink on the right looks to washed out IMO. You could, however, exchange the pale pink on the right with the dark pink from the left. I think that would look nice, too.

OhCanada 06-22-2015 02:21 PM

Your fabric choices on the left appeal to me

LoriEl 06-22-2015 02:26 PM

I'm not fond of the blue, either. Try putting the rosebud or the pale pink where the blue is and see how that looks.

adamae 06-22-2015 02:40 PM

Either would be pretty. One on the right delicate..(my fav)...and the one on the left, vibrant.

Divokittysmom 06-22-2015 02:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you for all of your thoughts! I have one more photo of another variation. I think it might be one I can live with. I was going for a more delicate look as it's for my mom and she's turning 90. I thought originally the blue would work as a shabby chic look but for me it just doesn't, in person it just seems to take over the wallhanging, as well as the bright pink. So someone suggested I try something with the pale and bright pink. So here is what I came up with, just a peek of the darker pink, seems to make it recess more... hopefully...

Irishrose2 06-22-2015 03:16 PM

I like the blue with the darker pink. Are you doing a border all the way around the quilt in it? You know your grandmother best - what would she like? As a grandmother (and great GM) age person, I like the color and contrast in the size of the prints with the blue included.

barny 06-22-2015 03:23 PM

I think the embroideries stand out more by themselves in the last picture. That is what you're trying to bring out isn't it? They are so beautiful. I think the first pic takes over. Just my opinion.

Divokittysmom 06-22-2015 03:47 PM

Yes. I don't want to overwhelm the embroidery. Thank you for the compliment.
Embroidery designs from Embroidery Library and have been heavily edited.
Yes the sashings will go all around the perimeter.
Thanks again for your opinions. Very much appreciated

Maureen NJ 06-22-2015 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Divokittysmom (Post 7235155)
Thank you for all of your thoughts! I have one more photo of another variation. I think it might be one I can live with. I was going for a more delicate look as it's for my mom and she's turning 90. I thought originally the blue would work as a shabby chic look but for me it just doesn't, in person it just seems to take over the wallhanging, as well as the bright pink. So someone suggested I try something with the pale and bright pink. So here is what I came up with, just a peek of the darker pink, seems to make it recess more... hopefully...

I like this. What color binding? Dark pink?

susie-susie-susie 06-22-2015 04:31 PM

I also like the dark flowered border on the left. It shows up teal on my computer. It seems like the pale pink washes out the borders, even the white with dark pink spots. Your wall hanging will be beautiful no matter what border you decide to do.
Sue