Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Stuck and need help please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stuck-need-help-please-t279247.html)

canuckninepatch 06-05-2016 04:39 AM

I really like these aqua batiks as the inner border....makes a huge difference. I think any of them would work, but I especially like the parallel wavy lines. I thought the white looked fine, but these fabrics are dynamite!

callen 06-05-2016 05:19 AM

I agree that the white doesn't quite "fit the bill" but just wanted to say that is fantastic. Love those dolphins. Your stitching is beyond awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product.

quilttiger 06-05-2016 05:28 AM

It will be a beautiful quilt! Can't wait to see the final results! Your GD is lucky to have you, too, smile.

Polliwog 06-05-2016 05:36 AM

The white is needed to echo the beautiful dolphins, but would probably look much better in a narrower width, perhaps half the width or less of your original plan. For the background quilting around the dolphins you could stitch a wave effect. No matter how you finish this, the dolphins are really beautiful.

Onebyone 06-05-2016 05:53 AM

Have you thought about cutting the background around the dolphins to a smaller square? That much blue overwhelms the dolphins.

kiffie2413 06-05-2016 06:04 AM

Oh my word!! You all are so creative!!! Not sure it's helping my decision making though...lol...as so many wonderful ideas!
It is going to be a surprise, her 7th birthday is coming up.
Not necessarily choose just 1, heck I debated all 4...my hubby just grinned (he knows me all too well). I'm probably an intermediate-advanced hand quilter, more of a pushing it-intermediate fmq. I planned to add the "oomph" by machine on this panel. I love all of the quilting ideas...and adding a jellyfish or school of fish.
I hadn't considered cutting the inner panel down...hmm... I had debated keeping the white if I made it very narrow. My intention in the beginning was to have white to make the dolphins pop. I have fairy frost white...also ff silver, teal, and purple...
GAA!! I just wish creativity flowed out of me naturally...
Thank you all!!!
Regards,
Kif
And thank you all for your kind compliments. The stitching on the dolphins is super easy. It's pre-printed, just stitch on the stitches..Tada!

sheilar 06-05-2016 06:29 AM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 7568944)
I really like all four, but if I had to select which I prefer, it would be the bottom one. You can't go wrong with any of these. It continues to be just beautiful!

Dina

I agree!!!

Friday1961 06-05-2016 10:05 AM

First, this is adorable! Your stitching is wonderful! I think it works as is. But if you don't like the stark white, how about a purple and white print, something small, as lines, or geometic or ocean wavy or....something not flowery?

Friday1961 06-05-2016 10:11 AM

Your problem is too many choices....all of which are good! I struggle in the same way.

You'll eventually know, and when it's finished it will be beautiful! Good luck!

qltrwannab 06-05-2016 12:05 PM

Wow! Your quilting is awsome! I can only dream.. :/ but I love your quilt, and I am sure your little grandaughter will too !! I agree on one thing only.. I think I would replace the white border .. but the whole thing is gorgeous!