Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   stupid question.....having a duh moment (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/stupid-question-having-duh-moment-t204409.html)

tealfalcon 10-27-2012 04:35 PM

stupid question.....having a duh moment

i have been quilting for over 20 years so i feel so stupid asking this but i have never made a 2 color quilt....using solid white and solid black to make a houndstooth quilt....should i use white or black thread....and yes i know to press to the dark..having a brain lapse or something here...or maybe its a week with 6 kids and no hubby home that fried my brain...help lol

Dina 10-27-2012 04:37 PM

Well, I don't know the answer to this. I will be checking to see what others say...I am thinking gray?

Dina

tealfalcon 10-27-2012 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 5617084)
Well, I don't know the answer to this. I will be checking to see what others say...I am thinking gray?

Dina

duh yeah why didn't i think of that...i have plenty of gray...i will wait to see what others say to make sure

barny 10-27-2012 04:49 PM

I thought gray too. Only because I've read it on here before.LOL They say it will blend in.

kristakz 10-27-2012 04:49 PM

I'd use grey, too. If you have places where you are sewing white to white (and it's not a black& white print) I'd probably switch to white thread, but if you have black and white sewing together, grey is good.

GrannieAnnie 10-27-2012 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon (Post 5617079)
i have been quilting for over 20 years so i feel so stupid asking this but i have never made a 2 color quilt....using solid white and solid black to make a houndstooth quilt....should i use white or black thread....and yes i know to press to the dark..having a brain lapse or something here...or maybe its a week with 6 kids and no hubby home that fried my brain...help lol

My first choice would be white.

QuiltingGrannie 10-27-2012 05:12 PM

I would use either the gray or the white. I tend to use white a lot no matter what color the pieces are as I use a fast array of them in most quilts. The real question will be what thread color to use when you quilt it together. There I would use wither gray or a totally different color such as red, or teal if you want the quilting design to show. Otherwise there too I'd use gray if you just want the quilting to blend in.

Phyllis
QuiltingGrannie
Quilter's Pantry

Silver Needle 10-27-2012 05:12 PM

I would use a dark grey with fine thread. My preference is Superior's Masterpiece 50 wt thread

Phyllis nm 10-27-2012 06:19 PM

I would use RED, works for both.

spokanequilter 10-27-2012 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by tealfalcon (Post 5617079)

I'm just so impressed that you could construct a coherent sentence, what with 6 kids and no hubby home!! :) Oh, and I agree with those who say gray thread....