Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sue Nickels class (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sue-nickels-class-t163915.html)

calla 10-28-2011 08:57 AM

OK, I took a Machine Quilting class from Sue Nickels on Wed. of this week. Was well worth it............in Jan I took a class from her sister Pat Holly.........I am so lucky. Sue uses dishwashing gloves and cuts off the index and middle fingers from the gloves to move her quilts around while quilting them..........I had used the rubber fingers before...........calla

snipforfun 10-28-2011 09:04 AM

I drove several hours to take a class from Sue only to discover during the class that my bobbon case was missing! I had lent my machine to someone at home. She was wanting to test it out before buying one. She had taken the bobbin case out and put it in the attachment bag which I didnt take with me. Very frustrating, i never had the courage to tell my husband. He sat in the hotel for 2 days! Who in the heck takes the bobbin case out of the machine and puts it away???

QuiltnNan 10-28-2011 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by lindasidlow
I drove several hours to take a class from Sue only to discover during the class that my bobbon case was missing! I had lent my machine to someone at home. She was wanting to test it out before buying one. She had taken the bobbin case out and put it in the attachment bag which I didnt take with me. Very frustrating, i never had the courage to tell my husband. He sat in the hotel for 2 days! Who in the heck takes the bobbin case out of the machine and puts it away???

what a disappointing situation

calla 10-28-2011 09:45 AM

She Sue is doing another class at The Ice House in Grayling MI in Jan or Feb..........who whats so share a room? Just kidding......but am thinking about taking it......calla

So Linda you could take a class again........and I understand not telling all.........

snipforfun 10-28-2011 09:55 AM

Actually I prefer Harriet Hargrave

calla 10-28-2011 10:02 AM

I will check out HH thanks actually in the guild meeting that Sue N. spoke at she said she started with the HH book........thanks again...........

susan... 10-28-2011 01:44 PM

i also took a class from sue...she gave the courage to try what i had been afraid off

patchsamkim 10-28-2011 02:25 PM

Many years ago when there was a national quilt show in Lansing, MI I took a class from Sue Nichols and thought she was a very good teacher. I have also taken classes from Diane Gaudynski and learned so much about machine quilting from her...she is a great teacher if you ever get the chance to take a class from her.

calla 12-09-2014 04:01 PM

Took the four types of binding class last Saturday...........very worth while. Glad I was able to.....calla

ManiacQuilter2 12-09-2014 06:07 PM

Originally Posted by snipforfun (Post 4579356)
Actually I prefer Harriet Hargrave

I took a class from Harriet Hargrave and I have always given her credit for what she taught me that I was able to win so many awards with my quilts. She is the BEST!!