Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   suggestions please (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/suggestions-please-t149213.html)

ogama 08-30-2011 08:08 PM

i just finished a top "the bridal bouquet" for a lady at work. she did the squares but my daughter and friend had to square it up by adding a boarder around each block. ( her eyes and hands had a hard time making the square in to a square. did i mention that she is 102. but now for the question. what would you do to quilt it. i am thinking of asking a long arm quilt lady to finish it for she. i am not sure that i am up to doing it. the stitches are off and some are machine sewn and some are by hand. but i am thinking that with a long arm it will look better when finished. only hope that the great great grand daughter knows how much work the woman has put it to it. as she took almost a year to finish just what she did. any help please. ogama

Painiacs 08-30-2011 09:04 PM

I agree a LA will be able to pull it all together. Wow 102! Amazing!!

Willa 08-30-2011 09:13 PM

If you're having it quilted by someone else maybe they will have an idea. As for someone knowing how much work goes into a quilt, she might never know if she doesn't try it herself but hopefully she will at least treasure it since it came from her great great grandmother.
If you're still wanting suggestions do you have a picture?

trif 08-30-2011 09:56 PM

We should all be so lucky to be alive and quilting when we are 102, that's the only way my wish list will even get close to being completed hehehe

Since so much time has been spent making the quilt, I would have it quilted on a LA.

KathyAire 08-31-2011 03:31 AM

Originally Posted by trif
We should all be so lucky to be alive and quilting when we are 102, that's the only way my wish list will even get close to being completed hehehe

I know I read 'a lady at work'. Is the 102 lady still working? What does she do? I'm impressed. I want to be just like her when I grow up - even if I can't see well enough to get my blocks straight.

ogama 08-31-2011 04:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
i work in a long term care facility. she lives there. her daughter does not quilt nor knows anything about it. thanks for all of the help. blessings to all . ogama

Originally Posted by ogama
i just finished a top "the bridal bouquet" for a lady at work. she did the squares but my daughter and friend had to square it up by adding a boarder around each block. ( her eyes and hands had a hard time making the square in to a square. did i mention that she is 102. but now for the question. what would you do to quilt it. i am thinking of asking a long arm quilt lady to finish it for she. i am not sure that i am up to doing it. the stitches are off and some are machine sewn and some are by hand. but i am thinking that with a long arm it will look better when finished. only hope that the great great grand daughter knows how much work the woman has put it to it. as she took almost a year to finish just what she did. any help please. ogama

dd 08-31-2011 04:44 AM

Beautiful, I say LA. It will show up so nicely on that white.

Glassquilt 08-31-2011 04:45 AM

I should be so lucky to be quilting that well if I live that long. Fantastic!

Are you making a label for the quilt? The label could include the info.
Made by great-granny at age of 102yrs, etc. :)

CoriAmD 08-31-2011 05:56 AM

Wow! That's beautiful! What a treasure that girl is going to get... a quilt made by her 102 yr old great gramma!

Barb44 08-31-2011 08:14 AM

That is a beautiful quilt. What a treasure.