Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Suggestions for what to do with this square? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/suggestions-what-do-square-t258909.html)

Becky's Crafts 12-31-2014 05:31 AM

That's a lovely square! I know what you mean about the black. I always trade navy blue for black, but you can still use other blocks with the lighter colors in that block that will set it off for your runner. Otherwise either make it a small wall hanging by itself, a cover for the back of a recliner to both show off your work and protect your chair, a book cover or the tote was a great suggestion. It's beautiful; show it off!!

callen 12-31-2014 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by zennia (Post 7026588)
Your block is beautiful. either table runner mentioned above would look nice with it. Let it set awhile and you will come up with an answer.

I agree with zennia, it is one beautiful block & I think anything you come up with will be stunning. I also agree with letting it sit for a while until you feel the "inspiration".

lfletcher 12-31-2014 06:50 AM

I think I would make it into a Medallion style wallhanging. It's too pretty not to be displayed.

sewingsuz 12-31-2014 09:31 AM

I love your block. This is quality work, I hope you make a nice table runner. I used that pattern on quilting bug and it turned out nice. Show us a picture when you are finished.

madamekelly 12-31-2014 09:41 AM

How about using it as the center of a quilt, and joining a 'round robin' here on the board. It would be wonderful to see what other members would add to it, and solves your what to do with it problem.

matraina 12-31-2014 10:01 AM

Love the colors of your panel. Can't help with your question, though.

roserips 12-31-2014 10:16 AM

Very pretty applique your idea to use it as a table runner is great, however I tend to like table toppers more the square shape lends itself to more table shapes and you can work out from your center square. Also using it in a group for a round robin, that being your beginning, or a center medallion for a lovely quilt, also a tote with that as the focus would be great. Have fun with it.

caspharm 12-31-2014 11:38 AM

A table runner, a lap quilt, or wall hanging.

lfty298 12-31-2014 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Bequest (Post 7026190)
I
I don't really want to make repeat squares or a pillow. I was thinking of using it as a center square of a three-piece table runner. And I was thinking of pieced squares or hearts... I don't know... the black is confusing to me. Ideas?

Tack it to the wall for a few days to think about it
While you are thinking - check the Eleanor Burns Quilt in a Day website - they usually have the best price on EQ7
(abt $145 vs list $190) - you will love playing with it for design ideas.
Pretty applique - love your fabric choices. How did you do the pretty delicate tendrils?
Lefty - in Philly

CAS49OR 12-31-2014 12:43 PM

It's beautiful, I would make it the center of something, surrounded by the lovely colors you've chosen. It would be pretty set on point in a round table topper. Or with a couple of borders as a wall hanging.