Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sunbeam Mini Iron (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sunbeam-mini-iron-t283129.html)

Neuras 10-19-2016 03:33 PM

Sunbeam Mini Iron

2 Attachment(s)
I've had my mini iron for about 2 months at the most and have noticed it "dragging" across fabric. When I went to check the cause thinking I had some gummed up adhesive on it (?), I realized that the soleplate has worn off along the edges. I don't think I've used it in excess to have caused it and I'm wondering if anyone else has come across this issue? Thanks!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]560578[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]560579[/ATTACH]

Jan in VA 10-19-2016 04:14 PM

I'm sorry you've experienced this. It must be very frustrating.
This is the MAIN reason I never buy a teflon coated iron; I MUCH prefer the stainless steal shiny soleplate.

Neuras 10-19-2016 04:22 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA (Post 7681083)
I'm sorry you've experienced this. It must be very frustrating.
This is the MAIN reason I never buy a teflon coated iron; I MUCH prefer the stainless steal shiny soleplate.

What small/mini iron do you recommend? I'll def look into it!

ladyinpurple135 10-19-2016 04:56 PM

I really like my Rowenta travel iron - actually have 2. My friend has one but it leaks - not a problem for me as I never use water in any iron. It gets nice and not pretty fast. The last one I bought a few years ago I used a coupon at Bes Bath & Beyond. Joann's won't let you use a coupon on any iron.

Sandy in Mooresville, NC

IrishNY 10-19-2016 05:51 PM

I just bought a Eureka compact iron on Amazon and I love it! I can't believe how hot it gets for a little iron. I highly recommend it.

quiltingcandy 10-19-2016 10:28 PM

If you only had this little iron 2 months I would contact the manufacturer or return it to the store where I bought it. There is no excuse for that to happen so fast. (Unless you cleaned it with a harsh cleaner.)

Onebyone 10-20-2016 03:42 AM

I have the Clover Wedge Iron and the Steam Fast. I like them both.

QuiltingHaven 10-20-2016 03:45 AM

Okay, my two cents. I had an iron that lasted 2 months and started leaking all over the place. I called Sunbeam and they apologized and had me send it back to them (yes, postage on my part) and they sent me a new iron and that was a year ago and it is still working. So my suggestion, call the company and explain that you discussed this with all the quilters on the Quilting Board and that we suggested getting their help. You might be surprised because most of these companies want our business forever...good luck.

Neuras 10-20-2016 02:05 PM

Thank you for all the great ideas!

tessagin 10-20-2016 02:24 PM

And my 2 cents. I got one that wouldn't get very hot and I left it on the highest setting. Called Sunbeam, returned it with a copy of my receipt that showed the date of purchase. They sent me another one also and refunded what my cost to send .

Originally Posted by QuiltingHaven (Post 7681295)
Okay, my two cents. I had an iron that lasted 2 months and started leaking all over the place. I called Sunbeam and they apologized and had me send it back to them (yes, postage on my part) and they sent me a new iron and that was a year ago and it is still working. So my suggestion, call the company and explain that you discussed this with all the quilters on the Quilting Board and that we suggested getting their help. You might be surprised because most of these companies want our business forever...good luck.