Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Super Bowl Sunday Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/super-bowl-sunday-mystery-quilt-t175584.html)

Fabriclovr 02-05-2012 11:15 AM

The 6th and final clue is now available. Sorry it is late, but I had to do some emergency editing on it. The pictures that I used were way to big and the file was WAYYYYY to large, so I had to downsize the picture and edit the document.. all of this you really didn't need to know for any other reason other than to let you know that, even though you are sitting there sewing, I am sitting here at the computer making changes as fast as I can. I have not left the computer since 8 am!

This has been fun and if you read my post from last night, please keep your notes on this quilt, share them here or PM them to me so I can make corrections or other edits.

The EQ7 file is now available for download and even though I did remove everything that I could that did not pertain to this quilt, the file is still quite large. I could not zip it, so if you need me to e-mail it to you, please let me know.

I hope you have enjoyed the magic as much as I have enjoyed bringing you Prestidigitation!

Now I need pictures!!! LOL

Fabriclovr 02-05-2012 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by jan b (Post 4945152)
Note to Myself: do not use pattern with direction or I will get a serious brain bubble. Also pick pattern that is clearly front and back so I don't have to strain eyes figuring out front from back.

In the intro, I think I mentioned that prints would not work for this quilt, but think I forgot to mention that one way patterns may not work either, my mistake and I will correct that. I would love to see the result and I may change my mind. :)

Fabriclovr 02-05-2012 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4945144)
Is anyone else besides the group at my house working on the quilt ?

I think that there are about 25 or 30 that are either playing or just downloading the files. My hit counter goes up about that much each time I announce the new clue.

Josie Passell 02-05-2012 11:49 AM

Thank you for this pattern, I only found this thread today, so have been unable to sew along. I hope to make it in the future when I have the correct fabric.
Josie

Fabriclovr 02-05-2012 12:12 PM

No posts in a while, you all still hanging in there? Confused yet? Need any help?

Caroline S 02-05-2012 12:22 PM

Clue 3 finished

2 Attachment(s)
To help me with the color placement I marked Bs and Cs on the blocks and made sure to label the blocks per Susan's instructions. Now on to #4

Fabriclovr 02-05-2012 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4945415)
To help me with the color placement I marked Bs and Cs on the blocks and made sure to label the blocks per Susan's instructions. Now on to #4

Good idea with the labels. I will have to go back and see if I can get the letters on the pictures.. humm something else to think about :)

sharon b 02-05-2012 12:30 PM

We have 2 moving on to step 4 one on step 3 and not sure where Mom is :) we had a food break :thumbup:

Fabriclovr 02-05-2012 12:34 PM

With this post, I become a Senior Member! I am working on a new mystery quilt with a possible due date of Labor Day, Monday September 3rd. By this time, I should have all of the bugs worked out of the instructions with the help of my testers. If you want to be a tester (doesn't mater where you live or your skill level) as long as you have the time and the fabric, you qualify. Pass the word, I am getting messages that are telling me that they didn't even know that this thread existed and yet we have been talking about it for a while now :/

Fabriclovr 02-05-2012 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4945454)
We have 2 moving on to step 4 one on step 3 and not sure where Mom is :) we had a food break :thumbup:

Hope you didn't loose mom all together! I know it is a lot of sewing and I am a fast sewer, but do you think I should have drawn out the process a little more, or were the clues at about the right speed?