Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Super Bowl Sunday Mystery Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/super-bowl-sunday-mystery-quilt-t175584.html)

sharon b 02-05-2012 09:13 PM

Hope others share theirs with us :)

donac 02-06-2012 02:16 AM

I love all the tops that I have seen.

If you are writing a new mystery during the summer I will have time to test the pattern.

Xtgirl 02-06-2012 04:26 AM

Love the quilt tops! I was away at a longarm conference all day...wish I could have joined in...love it and I've never done anything on point. As soon as I get to longarming a couple of charity quilts,I can join in the fun!!!! Congratulations:)

Caroline S 02-06-2012 07:33 AM

Monday morning update. After taking the laid out blocks off the bed last night, I decided to go back, re-label all of them and start over again with the layout. I had sewn row 1 together but decided to deconstruct it also. After breakfast I will bring in my design wall from the garage (a long story) which I should have done yesterday. I hope to get the piecing done along with the borders today. I love making mitered borders and use them on most of my quilts. Will keep you posted on my progress.

Caroline S 02-06-2012 08:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the top on the design wall. I put number labels on each piece to be correct with the block placement. And I fixed the 6b and 7b block placement that Susan mentioned.

Fabriclovr 02-06-2012 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4946620)
I finally figured out why I did not have the instructions for the triangles. I printed them out on both sides to save paper and did not put them in the plastic sleeves incorrectly. Then I had the blocks laid out on the bed and had to clear them because DH will be going to bed right after the game. No way will I be able to make any more progress tonight. I will finish tomorrow for sure. I have so much fun doing this mystery quilt and love the design.

I was reading the posts again and trying to find where I left off and found yours again. Made me laugh! At work, the lady that does all of the field trip planning (I drive a school bus) was pulling her hair out because she could not find the paperwork for a set of trips that was coming up. She swore that she printed them and couldn't find them so she reprinted them. She handed me mine and for some reason, I put it down with the back side up and guess what was there? The missing paperwork! LOL For some reason, the printer printed on both sides and she didn't think to turn over the paper. Guess it happens to the best of us from time to time. Glad you were able to find the instructions and continue on :)

Fabriclovr 02-06-2012 08:56 AM

Originally Posted by sharon b (Post 4946796)
Not the best pic but here you go :) I am all the way on the left, then Dear Sister in Law, Mom and Sister

Beautiful, simply beautiful!!

Fabriclovr 02-06-2012 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4948180)
Here is the top on the design wall. I put number labels on each piece to be correct with the block placement. And I fixed the 6b and 7b block placement that Susan mentioned.

I Love IT!! Now that you see it put together, its easy to understand why I stressed the numbers on the blocks. Good job!

Havplenty 02-06-2012 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S (Post 4948180)

nice job caroline. what are the dimensions of this quilt? the top center looks small.

Caroline S 02-06-2012 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Havplenty (Post 4948423)
nice job caroline. what are the dimensions of this quilt? the top center looks small.

The blocks are not sewn together yet so I do not know. It could be the perspective of the camera angle. The rough measurement unsewn and pinned to the design wall is 37" x 48".