Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Supreme Slider vs. Sew Slip (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/supreme-slider-vs-sew-slip-t272493.html)

lyndaj 11-21-2015 06:26 AM

Supreme Slider vs. Sew Slip

In my searching the web for information on where to buy Supreme Slider, I stumbled upon Sew Slip. Has anyone used this? Is it a knock off of the Supreme Slider? Sew Slip appears to be cheaper.

TIA

Lynda

Weezy Rider 11-21-2015 07:21 AM

I was having an awful time trying to FMQ on a Brother 1500. I'd bought a different brand of slider, (can't remember the name) and misplaced it during a reorganization of the sewing room. In the meantime, I bought a Juki 2010, bought a Supreme slider and FMQ is doing well. (The 1500 had problems - I think it was a reboxed return.)

I found the off brand one and tried it on the Juki. It didn't work quite as well. One difference was the cutout for the needle wasn't just a small area like the Supreme, but uncovered all the feed dogs. The top didn't seem as slippery as the Supreme Slider - it was more sensitive to spray basting and hung up in areas. Another difference - you couldn't wash the back to regain stickiness. I tried it and it didn't work.

Read the package and see how the backing feels. Some people do very well with silicon baking mats. They tape them down. Check on the posts here for other things to use.

ManiacQuilter2 11-21-2015 07:55 AM

Sometimes quality comes at a higher price.

Onebyone 11-21-2015 08:16 AM

I use the Supreme Slider. I haven't tried any other. Mine is over 10 years old and still like new. I rarely take it off my Brother 1500.

Dolphyngyrl 11-21-2015 09:39 AM

I use sew slip with no issues. It was a lot cheaper than the slidew and bigger too

lyndaj 11-21-2015 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by ManiacQuilter2 (Post 7382797)
Sometimes quality comes at a higher price.

I find that is often the case!

brandy123 02-03-2016 02:42 AM

Is the TruGlide Overlay that babylock has is it the same? I also saw when I looked under accessories for the quilting bundles on Babylocks website the bundle consist of Sew Slip.

Sewnoma 02-03-2016 07:15 AM

I just posted on another thread - I use neither, I bought teflon baking sheets from Amazon instead. They aren't sticky on the back but they're larger than the biggest supreme slider and about 1/8th the price. I covered most of my sewing table with them; I taped them down with Gorilla tape. Not pretty, but extremely functional! I cut out a square so I can remove my plate without having to un-tape anything so there's a fairly large square that isn't slippy but that doesn't seem to make a difference - I love how my whole table is slippy, my big quilts move around much easier now.

GEMRM 02-03-2016 07:08 PM

I have the Sew Slip - it works great, but since I bought a (small) long arm I rarely use it anymore.

Marti1943 02-21-2016 01:24 PM

I use the Supreme Slider---no problem.