Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   swaps (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/swaps-t65662.html)

tmw 09-19-2010 03:50 PM

i would llike to pose a general question to you all. what do you think of all the different swaps that are on here? i'm thinking about doing the secret pal swap, and i've never done anything like it before!!!!

Sadiemae 09-19-2010 03:51 PM

If I had the money to do it, I would jump at the chance.

amma 09-19-2010 03:52 PM

I have had a lot of fun with various swaps on the board :D:D:D

tmw 09-19-2010 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Sadiemae
If I had the money to do it, I would jump at the chance.

thats what i was wondering about? i mailed a simple little , i think its a 9x12 envolpe [sp] yesterday, the girl not only weight it , she measured it with a tape measure,, and it was over $10... i could't believe it,

MistyMarie 09-19-2010 03:58 PM

Wow. That seems expensive. I haven't spent over $10.00 to mail any of my swaps on this board. That even included delivery confirmation and, in a few cases, insurance. I think the lady at the post office was inaccurate. I use the automatic machines usually and have never had a problem.

JCquilts 09-19-2010 04:01 PM

be sure you send it first class or parcel post.

Sounds like she sent it priortiy...

tmw 09-19-2010 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
Wow. That seems expensive. I haven't spent over $10.00 to mail any of my swaps on this board. That even included delivery confirmation and, in a few cases, insurance. I think the lady at the post office was inaccurate. I use the automatic machines usually and have never had a problem.

you know, now that i think about it, maybe i should of taken it somewhere else to send it,

lovequilts 09-19-2010 04:03 PM

I've only done the secret pal swap and love it. It's kind of a bummer when you don't get a package from your secret pal. (happened to me last month). I think its specical to get a "squishy" in the mail. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

This is the most wonderful place and everyone is so nice and very helpful.

tmw 09-19-2010 04:06 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
I've only done the secret pal swap and love it. It's kind of a bummer when you don't get a package from your secret pal. (happened to me last month). I think its specical to get a "squishy" in the mail. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

This is the most wonderful place and everyone is so nice and very helpful.

i like this word "squishy". i'm sorry you didn't get anything . i'am like a child when the mail comes,,

'

'

'

great aunt jacqui 09-19-2010 04:19 PM

Sept was my first pal swap. I enjoyed shopping for her . And she was pleased with the fabric and stuff. I am still awaiting mine. Now that I know what it is all about, I will always look for adorable stuff at the LQS and always be ready. I've signed up for Oct already. So jump right in....it is fun!