Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sweet 16 in a Grace Pinnacle quilt frame? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sweet-16-grace-pinnacle-quilt-frame-t304053.html)

Chel826 04-07-2019 06:06 AM

Sweet 16 in a Grace Pinnacle quilt frame?

Does anyone know if a Handi Quilter Sweet 16 can be used in a Grace Pinnacle quilt frame? I was given a frame with a Juki TL98Q, and have it all set up. It came with a Grace Sure Stitch regulator. But, my mom has the sweet 16 and know how to use it better than we can use the Juki.

QuiltE 04-07-2019 08:06 AM

The S16 was not designed for frame quilting, rather for sitting in the matching table.

That being said ... you could always contact HQ and ask them, if it can be done .....

GEMRM 04-07-2019 09:03 AM

As well, I don't know if the stitch regulator would be compatible...

Chel826 04-07-2019 11:35 AM

QuiltE, I didn’t realize it. But that makes sense. I am new to long arm quilting. I prefer hand quilting. But, the Juki and frame were free, I am open to that. Lol. I don’t think it will fit though.

GemRM, my mom is the machine quilter in the family, she agreed and also was saying she really doesn’t like using a regulator. Crazy �� in my opinion. But, she does well without it on her sweet16. We have been working on it again today, I think I just need to order a new encoder arm if I can get just that. One is missing a tiny but very flimsy spring, I tried a ink pen spring, too tight. Ugh

QuiltE 04-07-2019 12:40 PM

Chel826 .... when I called HQ back when I bought mine, they were very helpful, and patient!
No question was too silly or beyond them, so reach out.

Flyboy Jim 04-07-2019 06:10 PM

Did the Juki not work for you?

Jim

lindaschipper 04-08-2019 03:19 AM

Take time to practice, practice, practice on the Juki. I have a Janome 1600P on a Grace frame with a new stitch regulator, and there were many frustrating moments when I wanted to just give up. But then yesterday everything went perfect and I got the hang of it all. It just takes time to move away from what you did in the past.

Chel826 04-08-2019 04:33 AM

Thank you everyone. Jim, the Juki is actually working great. I think I need a new encoder arm going front to back. When i move the machine side to side nice stitches. But when moved away from me, skipped stitches and sometimes no stitch.
Linda, you are so right, with the p word. Lol. I keep telling myself this is a new adventure in my quilting journey. Just read somewhere it takes 10,000 hours of practice to master something.

Chel826 04-08-2019 11:43 AM

Yay! New encoder arm ordered, will be here wed and I will be on the road again!!!!!

Flyboy Jim 04-08-2019 07:35 PM

Originally Posted by Chel826 (Post 8237727)
Yay! New encoder arm ordered, will be here wed and I will be on the road again!!!!!

Please keep us posted on how this goes. I just bought a Juki TL-18QVP recently and I'm wondering how it would work on a long arm. I'm eyeing the Grace Q-Zone Hoop-Frame. Not like your long arm, but I think the throat limitations would be similar.

Jim