Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sweet Sixteen help (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sweet-sixteen-help-t245860.html)

carolaug 04-27-2014 10:11 AM

Sweet Sixteen help

I am having problems with my sweet sixteen. States Needle sensor failure. I was told it was thread stuck somewhere and to manually turn the back knob, but it will not budge (the turning wheel) does anyone know what I can do to get it to turn? The office is closed and I figure the best place and the most knowledge is here on this board.

Prism99 04-27-2014 11:15 AM

Can you rock the needle back and forth? Can you remove the bobbin? Can you remove the needle plate? Can you remove the needle? I don't have a Sweet Sixteen, but these are the things I normally try when I encounter a jam.

carolaug 04-27-2014 11:25 AM

I replaced the needle, took out bobbin case. Cleaned out the bobbin area, removed plate. Unplugged. Nothing is working. I am sure its something I am missing. I read manual...not sure what else to do. ; ( The wheel in the back will not move so the needle will not go up and down. Tried the pedal also.

TeresaA 04-27-2014 12:36 PM

If it's a jammed thread, it's most likely somewhere around the hook. I would take a flashlight and examine the bobbin area and see if you can find it.

RedGarnet222 04-27-2014 12:45 PM

You can try using dental floss though the tension disks to remove any broken threads in there. Sometimes a clear computer button can work too. I once had thread wrap around the hand wheel in the back too. I had left the spool up there that I wound a new bobbin on.

I also had a thead get stuck in a slot on the cone the thread comes on. (the one for storing the thread ends) and it kept the wheel from turning because the thread was not coming off the spool.

Oh and one more thing to check. If you have ever broken a needle off into the machine a tiny bit of the tip can be removed with a magnet.

carolaug 04-27-2014 01:00 PM

Fixed it...yup there was a tiny piece of thread stuck. Took it out of the table used the brush and kept at it until I finally found it...Yah..working once again.

carolaug 04-27-2014 01:06 PM

2 Attachment(s)
So many hours...of looking, relooking, cleaning...emails, calls...so glad I kept at it and saved an hour drive to the dealers. Thank-you folks!!! I knew it had to be me and not the machine. I only have quilted one quilt so far on it. [ATTACH=CONFIG]473261[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]473262[/ATTACH]

Cam's gram 04-27-2014 01:43 PM

Great quilting.

LyndaOH 04-27-2014 03:11 PM

Great job! I'm thinking about getting one and have been wondering about the learning curve. I'm going to try and go spend a day at the dealer's to see if I can get the hang of it. I'm a decent stippler on my Janome, so I figure I should be okay on the Sweet Sixteen. Did you use the stitch regulator or was that without it?

Thanks!

Prism99 04-27-2014 04:12 PM

Where was the thread stuck? Was it in the bobbin area? Lovely quilting!