Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Main (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/)
-   -   Sweet sixteen sit down machine (https://www.quiltingboard.com/main-f1/sweet-sixteen-sit-down-machine-t261773.html)

newjeepgreen 02-25-2015 02:19 PM

Sweet sixteen sit down machine

I have been watching this machine on you tube and considering buying one as the long arm are so expensive. What I would like to know has anyone on the board have one and is it really necessary to have the stitch regulator as it is an extra £900. Thank you in anticipation.

joe'smom 02-25-2015 03:05 PM

I have a Sweet 16, and am learning without the stitch regulator. I tried it with, but felt more in touch with the process with my foot controlling the pedal. It is definitely not necessary, but many people prefer having it. Ideally, you could try it out both ways before deciding.

There's a yahoo group for owners of this machine, or those considering buying one, where you can find a wealth of information.

Wow I Like That 02-25-2015 03:28 PM

I bought a Viking Quilt Designer on a frame that has a stitch regulator. I turn it off. I too feel like I have more control without it on. I don't have a Sweet Sixteen but didn't really have the extra money to spend on one so I made my own with an old darning machine. I can't post a picture here but I'll start a new topic with it so you can see. It doesn't have a stitch regulator either and I do just fine with it. I personally don't think they are worth all the money.

luvspaper 02-25-2015 04:01 PM

I've had mine for 3+ years and do not have the regulator. Practice is just as good personally. Getting used to the fabric movement speed vs pressure on the foot pedal.

I love mine and would buy it again!

Mariposa 02-25-2015 04:03 PM

I have an HQ 16 with a 12" table, and it has the stitch regulator. I only use it some of the time. Nice to have it when I feel needed. Worth it to me!

Trisher 02-25-2015 05:43 PM

I have the BabyLock Tiara (same as Sweet Sixteen). I am doing just fine without the stitch regulator! So methinks!

Dolphyngyrl 02-25-2015 06:12 PM

I don't have one, but agree with the comments on the stitch regulator

jeanharville 02-25-2015 08:55 PM

Is the stitch regulator something you could buy later if you decide you need it? I hear so many say they don't use it.

patski 02-25-2015 09:31 PM

I sold mine, but really loved it. It is a great machine and I did NOT have the stitch regulator. Worked great

coffeecozy 02-26-2015 01:33 AM

I have the sweet 16 and I am so happy that I got it.
When I bought it I was sure that I needed the stitch regulator so I bought it as well. I used it when I first set the macine up and then decided to try stitching without it. I haven't used the stitch regulator since even for ruler work. I do find sometimes the larger rulers are difficult though and I might get it out again to see if it improves my consistency with them.
You can add the stitch regulator on later.